All questions about EDocman extension

Possible EDocman Document Link problem?

• Anne Francis
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #66799 by Anne Francis
Possible EDocman Document Link problem? was created by Anne Francis
Hello, thanks for the incredible component I use it on several of my client's sites. Lately a strange issue started on one of the sites. Here's the page we noticed the issue on: grantpud.org/your-pud/commission-meeting...oming-meeting-agenda - which is a category archive displaying the most recent article, but it happens on any page with the document link inserted.

When you go to the page and click a link to a doc a couple times, then leave the page open while you do other things and return and click a link, you get random documents from the past. It's easy to tell because the meeting date in the article title is the same date on the document filename.

I've updated to the most recent version of edocman, and will be updating joomla today but currently we're using v3.4.1. It happens on all pages, not just this one. It happened before I updated edocman and after.

Any ideas on what can cause this? I'm happy to provide you with further information. Thanks in advance for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Anne Francis
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #66802 by Anne Francis
Replied by Anne Francis on topic Possible EDocman Document Link problem?
Hello again. I just updated joomla and other components that had updates to the most recent. The random doc issue persists.

Oddly when I check the edocman dashboard under Latest Documents and Latest Document Updates there's a list of old docs it says were updated on 7-28, but that's not the case... those docs were uploaded a few years ago when we were on J2.5 and haven't been updated recently.

FYI we migrated to J3 in March this year, and I did have major cleanup to do on edocman afterwards. The Categories all showed "invalid parent id" and permissions were not inherited so I had to open each category and save to get the proper settings back. We updated php to 5.5 in May. I've had the issue in 3 different web browsers, I'm on a mac. My clients are on pc's and they've had the issue on various browsers as well.

This problem was brought to our attention a couple weeks ago, these documents are downloaded by many people so I don't think the problem could have been present for more than a month or so.

• Anne Francis
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #66805 by Anne Francis
Replied by Anne Francis on topic Possible EDocman Document Link problem?
Last followup, I determined to get the wrong document you simply load the page and wait a while. Never happened if you click the doc links right away, but if you left the page for a couple minutes that's when it happens regardless if you do other things in the browser or not.

Just now I enabled the Edocman SEF Router Settings > Insert Document ID, and I can't get the problem to occur anymore. Seems to be fixed, but it could be some fluke in timing so it would be great if you can still take a look?

Sorry for all the messages - I keep thinking of things to test and try :)

More
8 years 1 month ago #78166 by websolprov
Replied by websolprov on topic Possible EDocman Document Link problem?
I have had issues with SEF links not working, everything is fine when SEF is disabled but SEF links pick up the wrong parent categories (I have the category and document ID settings switched on but they dont come through when the category is linked to a menu item ...) and then the breadcrumbs also pick up the (wrong) parent category text. Its very very annoying and shouldnt happen on a paid component!

More
8 years 1 month ago #78175 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Possible EDocman Document Link problem?
Hi Anne Francis,
Please go to back-end of your site and open 2 below links:
1. yoursiteurl.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_edocman&task=rebuild_categories
2. yoursiteurl.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_edocman&task=rebuild_documents
then, you can check to see if the issue is solved
Thanks
Dam

More
8 years 1 month ago #78191 by websolprov
I tried it as well in the hope that it would tidy everything up but doesn't (1) display anything when running those links and (2) doesn't seem to make a blind bit of difference. Have enable Insert Document ID and Insert Category ID but it only works on categories that are NOT linked to menu items. If the parent has an edocman menu item then it gets confused and shows another parent category name in the SEF
I have sub-categories named the same.
If I remove the menu items, then the doc and cat ID get correctly shown in the SEF and in the breadcrumbs.

More
8 years 1 month ago #78192 by websolprov
I just installed the latest version, over written my settings and now the custom template overrides don't show! This isn't acceptable

More
8 years 1 month ago #78193 by websolprov
I was so impressed with this component but this latest download has put me off, its screwed up custom template overrides I had working nicely. Such a disappointment.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #78194 by websolprov
I had documents downloading before, now I just get "download link has been sent", seriously why would you override core settings? Document list pages that I had in columns working nicely are now stretched across the page and when I click on the Display button nothing happens but a # gets appended to the URL.

Have given up with latest version and rolled back, too many problems. The SEF router definitely does not work, even with SEF links turned off it builds links in subcategory items, but takes you to the parent category; makes no sense. I have tried document / category off and on and doesn't change. I have even tried deleting the menu items and creating again.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by websolprov.

More
8 years 1 month ago #78197 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Possible EDocman Document Link problem?
Hi websolprov,
So everything are working well with Edocman 1.7.3?
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam