Unable to set default language

More
8 years 2 months ago #76027 by Peter
Unable to set default language was created by Peter
Yesterday we've bought EShop and now we're in the process of testing it. Unfortunetely we're unable to change the default language from English to Dutch. We did follow the procedures but it's simply not working.

Default front page language is set to Dutch:

Default Admin panel language is set to Dutch:

EShop does see and recognise the installed Dutch languages:

However, as you can see in the last picture, EShop is still represented in English despite everything else being Dutch. Both the Joomla and EShop installations are completely fresh and nothing else is installed. Not even a template.

We tried adding you to Skype, but for some reason you didn't respond to that. We don't want to make a support ticket for this because you're only willing to help out on 1 live website. As said before, this is just a test website as we don't want to try this out on our live site. However, we do want to keep our live support for the live website later on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #76028 by Davide
Replied by Davide on topic Unable to set default language
Check if there are this files:

administrator/language/nl-NL/nl-NL.com_eshop.sys.ini
administrator/language/nl-NL/nl-NL.com_eshop.ini

If not the component use the default language (english) and you need to copy the en-GB original file, rename with nl-NL and translate it or make the same work from System > Translations select the panel language (if you set nl-NL and backend language what you see in translation column?) :)
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Davide.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #76029 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic Unable to set default language
Hi Davide,

Thanks for your fast reply. Unfortunetely that wasn't the solution. Both files are present on our server:

So that doesn't seem to be the problem.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Peter.

More
8 years 2 months ago #76030 by Davide
Replied by Davide on topic Unable to set default language
And inside texts are translated? :)

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #76032 by Peter
Yes. I've checked both files and they're perfectly translated.

Edit: I've completely removed the English translation files to check whether it was a caching issue or not, but this resulted in EShop being displayed with the system constants like "COM_ESHOP_QUOTE_VIEW_DEFAULT_TITLE".

So I know for sure that it's reading out the English translation files even though it's set to Dutch and the Dutch files are present.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Peter.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 2 months ago #76558 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Unable to set default language
Hello Peter,

First of all, I am sorry for a bit delaying in reply to you. I just came back from the biggest holiday (Lunar New Year holiday in our country).

Regarding your post, the 2 languages that you see on the drop down box at the Translation are not depended on the default language of your site. It is just simple to show EShop in Dutch and in English.

If you have any problem with Dutch language translation, please submit a new ticket to EShop category so our support staff can help.

Sincerely, Giang

More
8 years 2 months ago #76579 by Peter
Hello Giang Dinh Truong,

We have already discussed this issue on Skype last saterday. There you told me there was something wrong with the Dutch translation files and that you would check back with me soon, which you still haven't done. I already figured the problem with the Dutch language files myself. They're extremely outdated and miss a lot of translations. I'm in the process of fixing them myself now. Even though I'm still only one person and there's A LOT to translate.

Sincerely, Peter

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 2 months ago #76633 by Giang Dinh Truong
Ah OK Peter!

Once you complete that translation, it's great if you can send back it to me here so other people can update it.

Thank you!
Sincerely, Giang

More
8 years 2 months ago #76636 by Peter
Will do.

Perhaps it's an idea to ask a couple of people here if they're interested in joining a translation team? That way it's much more likely the language files remain up to date. It's just an idea though :)

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 2 months ago #76711 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hi Peter,

Sometime, our customers send the full of better translations of EShop to me so I always update the language package frequently. That are welcome.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong