missing - users setup events from front-end

• faramade
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #20197 by faramade
When allowing users to add events from the front end, it is wrong that users can see all locations when adding an event, users should only be able to see their own location. Is there a plugin for this to happen?, otherwise there are serious issues when users can see all locations when attempting to add an event.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 6 months ago #20200 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: missing - users setup events from front-end
Hi

The front-end event submission feature was designed mainly for admin/managers of a website can submit events from front-end, that's the reason all published locations will be showed on location dropdown (please note that the create location from front-end feature is not available yet).

Could you please explain more details about how your system works so that I can guide you ?

Tuan

• faramade
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #20206 by faramade
Thank you for your reply Tuan,

THis is how this works, there are many locations, each of them with their own user who adds events for that location, each user only need to focus on his own location and is not allowed to add other people's location in his event (not even in error). Only the user of each location decide the nature of the event and the dates for the event, there are over 4500 locations so we do not want the organizer getting confused with the location when selecting in event creation page.

This locations are scatter all around the country and event participants will search for locations based on a city, postal code or an option of a local government area (counties) or districts, what event is closest to them at a particular point in time.

Thank you

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 6 months ago #20209 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: missing - users setup events from front-end
I think I understand how you want it to works. It seems your site/system is quite big. The solution would be :

1. Adding a new feature allows users to submit location from front-end .

2. When users submit events from front-end, he will only see the solution added by himself .

This is a planned feature, and I will work on it after I completed migrating Events Booking to Joomla 3.0. You can expect to have this feature in the extension within 2 or 3 weeks from now !

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jens Hofmann

• faramade
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #20213 by faramade
I will really appreciate it. Looking forward to talking to you on Monday

More
11 years 6 months ago #20559 by Jens Hofmann
Replied by Jens Hofmann on topic Re: missing - users setup events from front-end
First: great component!

there is the plugin for adding the location via front end already?

jens

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 6 months ago #20560 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
@Jens: Not yet available. However, @faramade has sponsored for the development and I am working on it . I will have it ready on tomorrow.

@faramade : Sorry for being late on deliver the work to you. I am trying to finish another feature (Joomla 2.5 multilingual). I will have it deliver to you on tomorrow !

Tuan

• faramade
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #20561 by faramade
Thank you.

More
11 years 6 months ago #20566 by Jens Hofmann
Replied by Jens Hofmann on topic Re: missing - users setup events from front-end
I would also donate for this. I understand it correctly, that it is done tomorrow?

:)

More
11 years 4 months ago #22833 by Jens Hofmann
theres this plugin now? :huh:

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc