Group Registration with one primary email

• Adam Marks
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 9 months ago #34105 by Adam Marks
Group Registration with one primary email was created by Adam Marks
Hi folks,

I'm wondering if this scenario is possible. I'm setting up a free event, but I'd like to register all guests:

Is it possible to have First name, last name, phone, and email address required for the first registrant, and only the first and last names required for subsequent registrants?

Thanks,
Adam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #41467 by Josh
I also wondering if this is possible. I need to be able to just get the email from the first registrant and not the others.

Thanks

More
10 years 3 months ago #41476 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Group Registration with one primary email
Hi Josh

Please see my response in support ticket for the proposed solution/settings from me

Tuan

More
9 years 11 months ago #45506 by Josh
Any update on a possible development of a better multiple registration option? Right now my solution is to use individual registration and add in a field for number attending, then manually go into the SQL tables to change the number_registrants field for the user from 1 to the number they inputted in the custom field. It works, but it's not the most optimal.

Thanks

More
9 years 11 months ago #45511 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Group Registration with one primary email
Hi Josh

From what you described, I think you want to have group registration but don't want to collect information of group members ? If so, you can go to Events Booking -> Configuration, find the config option "Collect Members Information in Group Registration", set it to No and try again ?

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 11 months ago #45513 by Josh
That would probably work for an event I didn't need to collect information on. But when I do like shirt size for the extra registrants it wouldn't work. The main issue is the required email field for the group members, its only needed for the primary person registering for everyone in the group, otherwise I would use it like it is.

Thanks

More
9 years 11 months ago #45514 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
For group members, I don't think the email field is required. Could you please edit the event, look at Group Members Fields settings tab, make sure you set the email field to not show ?

Tuan

More
9 years 11 months ago #45517 by Josh
You can shut it off there, but it shuts it off completely, so even the primary person registering wouldn't get a email field. Basically need to collect the email of the person registering but not the of the extra people he is bringing, basically what the original poster in this thread is asking about.

Thanks

More
9 years 11 months ago #45518 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi John

That email should be entered in billing information step in this case.

Tuan

More
9 years 11 months ago #45519 by Josh
Ok, I do see it there, could get confusing though if it's a free event and I'm asking them for billing info. I guess I'm looking for a simpler scenario. Say I have a guy registering and he is bringing his wife and two kids, so I need him to select 5 for registering and I don't need any info other than the main person registering, so just asking for First and Last name, email address and number attending and they are done once they hit submit. A more complex scenario would be expanding on that same scenario but adding in a field for shirt size of each person in the group, again not needing everyones personal info like name, just the shirt sizes for number of selected registrants and the First/Last name and email address of the primary person registering. I am able to do that today in the individual registrants area with custom fields, but it of course doesn't reflect the true number of people registered, just one person, and I have to go into SQL to fix it.

I know you had said you were looking at a revamp of the group registrations, so just something to think about.

Thanks

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc