• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #34121 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Need Help Testing Events Booking version 1.6.0 was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi All

In the last few weeks, I have been working very had on new version of Events Booking. This release contains the following improvements :

1. Responsive Layout

- Events Booking is now responsive. That means if your website is responsive, your customers can now browse for events and register for them via Mobile devices.

2. A new nice Dashboard

- From this dashboard, you can access to common functions in the extension and also be able to view latest registrants

3. New Update Notification

- When you access to Dashboard, Events Booking will check and notify you if there is new version of EB release. That allows you stay up to date with latest version of the extension .

4. Easier Location creationg

- You can now type in an address and the system will suggest you the address automatically (save your time).

- You can also drag and drop the marker directly on the map to determine your location

5. Emails & Messages editing and translating

- From version 1.6.0, all the emails and messages are moved out of configuration section. That allows you to edit and translate the messages easier (especially when your site is multilingual)

6. New nice layout option for Up-coming events module

7. New map plugin allows you to display location map on event detail page

8. New Joomla groups plugin allows you to setup so that when users register for an event, he will be assigned to selected Joomla groups

9. Allows users with proper permissions can edit/publish/unpublish events directly in the front-end (before, only the event creator can do that)

10. Social sharing improvements

Users can now share your events on popular social networks like Facebook, Twitter, G+

10. Registration improvement

Users have an existing account now have an option on registration form to Login before continue registration

10. Captcha, Terms and conditions is now moved to registration form instead of confirmation page. I believe it is more logical than how it was before

11. Shopping cart improvement

From this version, when you add an event to cart, you won't be redirected away from the current page. There will be a popup displayed the current events which you added to the shopping cart, you can choose to add more events or go to checkout page. That makes the checkout process faster and easier

12. Option to bypass confirmation page

In case your registration form is simple (especially for free events), turn on this feature will make the registration process faster and easier.

13. SEO improvements

You can now setup meta keywords and meta description for events and categories :).

14. Option to upload thumbnail image for event in the front-end

15.New Comment plugin integrates with JComments to allows commenting feature

16.Easier adding custom fields to registrants management screen

From this version, if you want to add any custom fields to registrants list, simply edit that custom field, set Show on Registration List to Yes and it will be displayed :).

17. Code quality improved

- Events Booking is now built on new RAD framework developed by our team. That makes the development faster and easier.

- All repeating codes (Joomla core coding style) are now removed. That makes future development of EB faster and easier.

- Even front-end HTML code is also improved. It will be easier and more fun for you if you need to customize something in EB to meet your own requirement .

If you are an EB customer and want to help me test this new version of EB, please let me know and I will send the new version to you for testing. I have been spending all day to day to test every new features but still would like to test it more. If everything is OK, I would like to release new version on tomorrow !
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #34126 by FrankM
Very nice extension. Thank you!

One little problem. I don't see the tab "Joomla Group Settings" in "Edit Event". I think i am missing the plugin :huh:

Productiv: Joomla 3.5.1 / EB 2.4.3 / PHP 7.0.5
Testsys: Joomla 3.5.1 / EB 2.4.3 / PHP 7.0.5

Sorry, english isn't my native language.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 8 months ago #34127 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Need Help Testing Events Booking version 1.6.0
Yes. I haven't added it to the package yet. Please get it here !

Tuan
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: infin8

More
10 years 8 months ago #34128 by Kelark
Hello,

I would live to try it. Does the new extension have the ability to add custom fields to categories.

Thanks,

Kelly

More
10 years 8 months ago #34130 by FrankM

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Yes. I haven't added it to the package yet. Please get it here !

Tuan

Thanks. Now i see the tab. Quick test give me an error after registration for an event.

Attachments:

More
10 years 8 months ago #34131 by FrankM

Kelark wrote: Hello,

I would live to try it. Does the new extension have the ability to add custom fields to categories.

Thanks,

Kelly

No :( I need this option too.

More
10 years 8 months ago #34132 by Kelark
Where do I download it?

More
10 years 8 months ago #34133 by Kelark
My event list is so long it takes for ever to scroll down to the one I need! Even I I could just add it once to the Parent event that would be great.

Kelly

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 8 months ago #34154 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Need Help Testing Events Booking version 1.6.0
Hi Kelly

That feature will be added to version 1.6.2 of Events Booking. After releasing version 1.6.0, I will work on Joomla core SEF router for Events Booking and released version 1.6.1 (hopefully by the end of this week).

After that, I will work on version 1.6.2. Please wait for me.

For version 1.6.0, it is not available for public users yet, need some more testing. If you want to help me to test it, please add me (tuanpnves) to your Skype contact list and I will send it to you !

Regards,

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 8 months ago #34160 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

FrankM wrote:

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Yes. I haven't added it to the package yet. Please get it here !

Tuan

Thanks. Now i see the tab. Quick test give me an error after registration for an event.

Thanks Frank for testing and reporting. The reason is because the install package lack one folder. Please talk to me on Skype when you are available so that I can send the updated version to you !

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc