Event Booking with FirstData plugin

• Matia
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #38195 by Matia
My customer has a FirstData account that was recently set up as an API service, NOT a web service, or Connect 2.0. They have a .PEM file as a result. We were able to use this account to utilize FirstData as a payment method for Virtuemart and the test transaction worked fine. For the FirstData payment module for Event Booking though, I still need to know where to put the .PEM file on the server. Then I can run a test and let you know the error I receive. Please let me know if you need more information. If there is documentation somewhere for this, please direct me to it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Matia
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #38274 by Matia
Replied by Matia on topic Re: Event Booking with FirstData plugin
Please, anyone! This can't be that difficult of an answer, other people have to be using this payment gateway somehow...

• Matia
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #40721 by Matia
Tuan, I was told if I purchased the FirstData payment module for EventBooking you would make it work with my current version of FirstData. I purchased the module, got you API data for my specific FirstData account, and got you some code examples. Our site is almost complete and we still need the FirstData payment module. I'll do any testing you need, even give you Super Admin access to the site, I just REALLY need this module. We've been conversing about this for months now, and now you ignore my emails and forum posts. I don't know what else you want but this is getting ridiculous. I understand you have a New Year coming up, so I would GREATLY appreciate it if I could get some sort of acknowledgement before then. Thank you.

More
10 years 3 months ago #40798 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Event Booking with FirstData plugin
Hi Matia

I am having new year at the moment and could not work on it. I will however, spend my full time to work on it after I come back from new year holiday (which will be on 6th, Feb). You can expect to have it ready before 10th Feb.

Tuan

• Matia
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #41173 by Matia
... Was this supposed to be ready yesterday? How is it coming?

• Matia
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #41522 by Matia
Tuan, it's been over a week since you promised to have the plugin done and I haven't heard a single thing from you.... I hate that I can't find a FirstData plugin elsewhere for Eventbooking or that I couldn't find a Component like Eventbooking that had a FirstData plugin, I'm stuck with this Component and needing the FirstData payment plugin. All I need is the plugin you promised me and I'll stop bugging you.

More
10 years 2 months ago #41583 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Matia

We should be fair to each other :

1. You need the First Data payment plugin, we have it, but it uses a different First Data API (we have First Data Linkpoint one, and have some sample code for First Data E4).

2. You use a different one (yes, you sent me the documentation). Since I promised, I am going to work on it. Please understand that developing a payment plugin is not easy, it usually takes me from 4 to 7 days for the development and customers usually pay me from 150$ to 200$ for developing a payment plugin from scratch. In your case, you just have to pay 20.68$.

So my final words would be I am spending time from tomorrow until Monday try to develop the plugin. Hope that's OK. If it cannot be completed, I will also could not afford to spend more time working on it. In that case, you will need to find a developer who can spend more time to work for you (which I don't want) and I will refund the money of your Events Booking and First Data payment plugin purchase since our plugin could not be used for your purpose.

That's all I can do. Hope you understand !

Tuan

• Matia
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #41587 by Matia
Honestly, all I wanted was some communication. You keep promising to work on the plugin or have it done by a certain date, then you disappear. If you just told me you were actually working on it and didn't finish it yet I would understand. I just didn't like feeling like you were purposely ignoring me after making promises.

I understand getting payment would be an incentive to finish this plugin but you never mentioned more payment until now, you just told me you would make the plugin compatible with my FirstData account if I bought the FirstData plugin you offered. I even called our FirstData representative to verify the type of FirstData account we have and get the correct API information for you with sample code. I even offered a FirstData Virtuemart plugin that works with our account as something to look off of. I'm doing whatever you need to help this process but I need your cooperation too. I will see if I can get any more payment from my customer for this plugin but based on your current lack of following through I do not see us paying until the product is done and tested. Since this plugin is not from scratch though, promises were broken, and this has been dragging on for months, I'm not thinking I will be able to get $150. I will see what they are willing to do though. Please respond to this message with your thoughts.

More
10 years 2 months ago #41589 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
If you can ask them to pay us some fund for the development, that would be great. But even if they don't agree to pay anything, I will still try my best to get it done.

There is no difference between paying or not paying in this case.

Tuan

• Matia
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #41590 by Matia
Above you said you would work on it from now until Monday. Please be in contact Monday or Tuesday with ANY news. Thank you.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc