Add To Membership With Event Registration

• Abeer Kirollos
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #70685 by Abeer Kirollos
Add To Membership With Event Registration was created by Abeer Kirollos
I am using both the Event Booking and Membership Pro components in our website. Is there a way that the user would be automatically added to a specific membership subscription (if not already there) when registering for an event?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #70688 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Add To Membership With Event Registration
Hi Abeer

At the moment, we don't have support for this feature. However, it is not hard to add support for it. I will try to implement this feature (via a plugin) and make it available during the weekend

Tuan

• Abeer Kirollos
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #70731 by Abeer Kirollos
Replied by Abeer Kirollos on topic Add To Membership With Event Registration
That would be awesome! Thank you.

• Abeer Kirollos
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #71477 by Abeer Kirollos
Just checking to see if you were able to add this plugin or not.

More
8 years 6 months ago #71507 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Sorry Abeer. I forgot to add support for it. Will work on it and make it available within this week

Regards,

Tuan

• Abeer Kirollos
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #72576 by Abeer Kirollos
Hi,
I just downloaded the upgrade to events and membership component 2.1.0 and can not find the plugin you promised. Did I miss where the setting would be? Please advise as I really could use it now. I have been manually adding the registrants to the members subscriptions as part of the registration is subscribing to a membership as well.

Thanks

• Abeer Kirollos
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #73103 by Abeer Kirollos
I really need your help in this matter. After I downloaded the new membership and event booking components, I am unable to manually add those people who registered to an event to my membership subscription. It keeps telling me that the user email already exists. Well, that is the point: I want to add this new registered user to a membership subscription.

Can you please help me ASAP as this is very crucial now?

Thank you
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Abeer Kirollos. Reason: added more information

More
8 years 5 months ago #73121 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Abeer

Sorry. I haven't had a chance to work on the plugin yet. Will try to work and have it available within next week in version 2.2.0 (this version will only available in Joomla 3, not in Joomla 2.5, so I hope you are using Joomla 3 on your site)

However, the issue you are talking about seems strange to me. It seems in your case, users already registered for an account in Events Booking and now, he try to sign up again in Membership Pro ? I think you should set "Show Login Box On Subscription Form" config option to Yes so that existing users can login before continue the subsubcription process. It should solve the problem you are having while waiting for the plugin

Regards,

Tuan

• Abeer Kirollos
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #73134 by Abeer Kirollos
I already have "Show Login Box" set to Yes and I am using Joomla 3.4.5. Here is what I want to achieve: when a new user registers for an event (Event Booking), I want to give them free subscription (Membership Pro) for a year where the price is already included into their event registration.

Before version 2.1.0, I was able to manually add subscriptions for those new registered users and I was not forced to add all required fields from the backend. Now, I can not because once I link the subscription to the user, I get the message saying something like this user email address is already there and I have to fill in all the required fields. I do not know what their passwords are so I can try to login and do that step for them. Also, I can not create a subscription for them and create a new password for them as they should be able to use the one they created when they registered for the event.

Again I was able to manage it manually prior to this new version and now I am stuck. Please I really appreciate your help in finding a solution for this issue.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Abeer Kirollos.

More
8 years 5 months ago #73174 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Abeer

Infact, we had issue with creating / updating the subscription record from backend of Membership pro and that issue was fixed. Please download latest version from My Downloads section, upgrade it to your site

After that, check it again, it should work as expected

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc