Use Event Creator's Emal Address in 'From' Field

• Dryfive
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #73378 by Dryfive
Hello,

Is it possible to use the event creator's email address as the 'From' email address that's sent to a user when they register for an event, vs. using the general email address set in the Configuration settings.

We have a site that allows 13 users to post events. We've run into a few issues where a registered user replies to the automatically generated registration email to get more information, but the email goes to the site owner vs. the event creator which causes confusion.

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #73389 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Use Event Creator's Emal Address in 'From' Field
Hi Dryfive

I don't think it is a safe change. However, I think we can add a reply-to to send email function so that when users reply to email, it will send that reply to event creator's email address and it will solve the issue

I am going to work on it and include it in version 2.0.0 which I plan to release this week

Please wait for new version, then update it and it will solve the problem

Tuan

• Dryfive
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #73404 by Dryfive
Thanks Tuan! Looking forward to version 2.

More
8 years 4 months ago #73479 by Russell Noble
Replied by Russell Noble on topic Use Event Creator's Emal Address in 'From' Field
Exactly the same request here. Large organisation, lots of events so the e-mails need to be directed correctly.
Having the from address is a good start, but is it also possible to have the notifications for registrations go to the creator as well, not just the single site admin address?

So e-mail From: and Notification of new registration should both be set to the creator e-mail address.

Thanks,
Russell.

More
8 years 4 months ago #73510 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Use Event Creator's Emal Address in 'From' Field
That's a nice suggestion. No reason I won't implement it. It will be available in the next release of Events Booking, please wait us until next week.

Tuan

• Dryfive
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #73689 by Dryfive
Hi Tuan,

Just checking in to see how it's coming with the next version.

Thanks.

More
8 years 3 months ago #73718 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
I still have something left for testing. Hopefully, I will release it on tomorrow or on Tuesday

Regards,

Tuan

• Dryfive
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #73723 by Dryfive
Thanks for the update Tuan.

• Dryfive
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #73796 by Dryfive
Hi Tuan,

I see v2.2.0 is out - does it include the 'Use Event Creator's Email Address in 'From' Field' update?

Thanks.

More
8 years 3 months ago #73798 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Yes, it does. You can see joomdonation.com/forum/events-booking-ge...-2-2-0-released.html for the improvements in this new version

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dryfive

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc