• Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 1 month ago #77972 by jkosick
mail send issue was created by jkosick
When updating a person from pending to paid I am getting "
Notice:SMTP Error: data not accepted.

My smtp settings are correct.

I built a new site and migrated the EB database to the new site. I created a new test event and I can go from paid to pending and I get no error and receive an email. But anyone else give the smtp error.

I don't see anything wrong in the database either

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #78019 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic mail send issue
I am afraid of there is something wrong with the mail server you are using. I don't know the reason of data not accepted error, so you might have to check it with your hosting provider

When you change the status from Pending to Active, the "Registration Approved Email Body" message will be sent to registrant. Could you go to Events Booking -> Emails & Messages, look at that message to see whether there is something strange ?

Tuan

• jkosick
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 1 month ago #78032 by jkosick
Replied by jkosick on topic mail send issue
I don't think the server is at fault, it sends mail for other components just fine. Its just some users it won't send to. It has sent from a test user and event, very strange. It also sends other emails just not the paid invoice email.

More
8 years 1 month ago #78035 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Did you check the data of Registration Approved Email Body field as I mentioned ?

Tuan

More
8 years 1 month ago #78049 by Jörg Diekneite
Replied by Jörg Diekneite on topic mail send issue
Hey. It is a little weird cause i got the same Problems with several Provider like gmx for example. There are no problems with other provider like netcologne or arcor.
But User who registred with an gmx Account don't get any Messages. I don't think that this was an Event Booking problem so i try to solve the problem with my provider. But if you can find here something I'm very Interested in the solution.

My "Registration Approved Email Body" was standart (until now i just translate the Message)

Dear [FIRST_NAME] [LAST_NAME]

Your registration for event [EVENT_TITLE] has just approved by our administrator team. Your registration details is as follow:

[REGISTRATION_DETAIL]

Regards,

Website Administrator Team

• jkosick
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #78057 by jkosick
Yes, I checked the body and nothing seems to be odd in the body. It used to work just fine. it also will send the exact same email to some people just not everyone.

If it was a mail server problem would it always reject the email regardless of who it is sent to?
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by jkosick.

More
8 years 1 month ago #78058 by Jörg Diekneite
Replied by Jörg Diekneite on topic mail send issue
Ok. In my case it was definitely an server problem. I missed to set the Server Hostname and PTR Enty in te server Settings. Some provider seems to have a Problem with it some not

• jkosick
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 1 month ago #78059 by jkosick
yes it is common for that to happen, my problem seems to be event related. Some events it works and some events it doesn't.

More
8 years 1 month ago #78060 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
If it happens for a specific event, try to edit the event, look at Advanced Settings tab, find the registration approved email message in Advanced Settings tab, check to see whether you entered some special text ? Or maybe that editor (you should view source) to see whether there are any special characters ?

Please note that each event can has it own message which override the message in Events Booking -> Emails & Messages

Tuan

• jkosick
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 1 month ago #78062 by jkosick
I figured it out, It seems the content of the email was the issue. I the the default title "you are APPROVED for " and having RE: in the body was what was being denied by the mail server as spam. I removed RE and changed the email subject. Seems to work now.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc