Events Booking version 2.13.0 released

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #92273 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Events Booking version 2.13.0 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Happy New Year, Events Booking customers. I wish you a happy and great success year ahead

Today, I released the next release of Events Booking, version 2.13.0. This version bring the following improvements to the already great extension:

1. First of all, from this release, Events Booking can only be installed on Joomla 3.5.0+. Actually, Joomla older version than 3.6.5 has critical security issue, so you should update your site to 3.6.5 instead of using older version of Joomla. Raise this requirement allows me to remove all deprecated code which is needed for older version of Joomla. This result in cleaner, better code

2. Improve custom fields assignment. Now, for each custom field, there would be 3 assignment options to events below, give you more power to control which fields are available for registration form of what events:

- ALL Events
- All Selected Events
- All Except Selected Events

3. Improve coupon codes assignments. Now, same with custom fields, each coupon code will have 3 assignment options:

- ALL Events
- All Selected Events
- All Except Selected Events

4. Allow setting up Publish Up and Publish Down dates for events. That allows you to create events whenever you want, but only have it shown on your site at a certain date/time and will be hide again at the certain time you want

5. Fixed a small bug with shopping cart. When you have show discounted price config option set to Yes, registration form of Events Booking still shows the full price and it is confusing for customers. This is now fixed

6. Now, copying event will also copy custom field assignment from the original event to the copied event. That will help saving your time assigning custom fields again when you need to copy events

7. SOFORT payment gateway is now supported

If you want to use these new improvements, please access to My Downloads menu item, download latest version and upgrade it to your site. If you use Events Booking version 2.12.2 already, you can simply use Joomla Update eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/getting...on#use-joomla-update to update to this new version

Thanks for using our products and support our development. I will continue working hard to make Events Booking better from time to time.

Regards,

Tuan
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bandola, Helen Nunley, Peter, Uugankhuu, Billy Hicks, Stefan Meier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 3 months ago #92356 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 2.13.0 released
There was a small bug related to Publish Up / Publish Down setting in version 2.13.0, so I updated version number to 2.13.1. If you updated before to 2.13.0, please update it again to 2.13.1

Sorry for the inconvenience

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter, Billy Hicks

More
7 years 3 months ago #92372 by Arbind Bhagat
Replied by Arbind Bhagat on topic Events Booking version 2.13.0 released
Hi Tuan,

Thank you so much for listening. Almost all the above fixes are the critical ones, and all the ones that I reported to you. Again, thanks for listening to your clients.

With these improvements, the Events Booking is now more POWERFUL than ever before.

More
7 years 3 months ago #92480 by yoso
Replied by yoso on topic Events Booking version 2.13.0 released
Hi,

how can I activate

"7. SOFORT payment gateway is now supported"

Attached you find a screenshot.

Regards

YoSo
Attachments:

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 3 months ago #92491 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello YoSo

It is released as a separate paid payment plugin. If you want to use it, please go to www.joomdonation.com/payment-plugins/eve...payment-plugins.html , purchase EB Sofort Überweisung payment plugin

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 3 months ago #92796 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic Events Booking version 2.13.0 released
Hi Tuan,

what will happen to the events that al already set up for the future but are not published yet?
I think #4 is the perfect job for this?
Can I use it, will the events than be auto-enabled?

Regards, Peter

More
7 years 3 months ago #92798 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic Events Booking version 2.13.0 released
Hi Tuan,

one other question/feature request.
#4 of the new version works well for new events.
BUT, is it possible to add an option for auto enable the event date minus x days?
So, for example, event is on thursday, auto enable on sunday before, so minus 4 days? That would be perfect if you plan all events for one year ahead, but they must be enabled one week before.

Regards, Peter

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #93009 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Today, I released version 2.13.2 of Events Booking with some other small improvements:

1. Add a new parameter called Hide Past Events to category layout menu option with 3 options:

- Hide
- Show
- Use Global Configuration

This allows you to control whether you want to show/hide past events for each menu item when you use category layout menu option, more flexible

2. Added a new setting called Submit Event Access Level to add/edit category page. That allows you to control what categories users can choose when submit events in the frontend base on their access level

3. Added a new config option called Register buttons position with 3 options:

- Bottom (default)
- Both

It allows you to control where you want to display buttons such as Register (Individual), Register (Group)... at the top or bottom of each event. Sometime, the description of event is long and you would want to display buttons at the top to allow users to easily see and click on the buttons to register for your event

4. Reminder email messages can now be setup per event. Each event can have it own reminder email message if needed

5. Small improvement to upcoming events improved layout module, remove un-used css (font awesome css) which sometime causes conflict with site template

Update your site to latest version 2.13.2 to use these small improvements

Regards,

Tuan
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc. Reason: Added missing feature
The following user(s) said Thank You: abarrow, Mtspinto, James Riley

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 3 months ago #93026 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Forgot to mention, in 2.13.2, you can have reminder email messages setup for each event. So each event can has it own reminder email messages if needed

Tuan

More
7 years 2 months ago #93083 by Gianluca
Replied by Gianluca on topic Events Booking version 2.13.0 released
Hi, well done, Tuan!
A note: in the section "Email & Messages the editor (in my case JCE editor) cover the available tags list.
Regards
Gianluca