• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 1 month ago #96204 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Events Booking version 2.14.2 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I released the next minor release of Events Booking, version 2.14.2. This version fixed a medium security issue (which happens with PayPal payment gateway) and some small improvements:

1. Fixed a medium security issue with PayPal payment plugin:

Version 2.14.1 and older has a bug in PayPal payment plugin. It allows dis-honest registrants (who has some technical skills , well understand how PayPal works) to make payment for registration using a different currency, thus pay a smaller payment amount than the price of the registration. I guess it doesn't happen in the real life because they have to attend your event way, so they could not do that. Any way, this is fixed in 2.14.2

2. Added a new config option called Show event until event end date.

By default, Events Booking only show upcoming events until the current date passed the event start date. Sometime, you want to show upcoming events until event end date, if so, just go to Events Booking -> Configuration, set Show events until event end date
config option to Yes

3. Add two new fields to frontend event submission form: Custom Registration Handle URL and Price Text

4. Improve mini calendar module, allow selecting a category and the module will only display events from that category

5. Improve Import /Export Events feature. You can now import / export event custom fields as well

Please download the latest version and update it to your site ASAP

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #96250 by Tim Stöhr
Replied by Tim Stöhr on topic Events Booking version 2.14.2 released
Hi,
could we simply update the paypal plugin as well? That would be LOADS easier...

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 1 month ago #96257 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 2.14.2 released
It is not possible for now. The reason is because we need to create some extra fields fields during the update to store some information used to validate Paypal payment (the amount and the payment currency)

I will try to spend sometime to modify the PayPal payment plugin to allow only updating one file. However, it will requires require that you run some SQL commands to add two new fields to #__eb_registrants table. I think you can do that

This is not really urgent, thought, so I will try to do it during this weekend

Tuan

More
7 years 1 month ago #96258 by Tim Stöhr
Replied by Tim Stöhr on topic Events Booking version 2.14.2 released
That would be really great since I have made so many modifications to the component that updating it is a real pain (your override component is not enough to contain all the modifications and I have not yet written the system plugin). Could you please write the SQL commands so that the user can simply copy/paste them into the SQL command field in phpMyAdmin (or whatever else they are using).

More
7 years 1 month ago #96359 by Buzzy
Replied by Buzzy on topic Events Booking version 2.14.2 released
I cant find any info about release 2.14.1 ?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 1 month ago #96361 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
It was just a release to address a bug in PayPal Payment System (a problem with PayPal itself, happened recently www.joomdonation.com/forum/events-bookin...l?limitstart=0#95540 )

Tuan

More
7 years 4 weeks ago - 7 years 4 weeks ago #96410 by Buzzy
Replied by Buzzy on topic Events Booking version 2.14.2 released
Thanks. I notice you seem to have stopped updating the change log at www.joomdonation.com/forum/events-bookin...ing-change-logs.html which has been a handy place to check.
Last edit: 7 years 4 weeks ago by Buzzy.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 4 weeks ago #96444 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
I still update it. However, usually, I only update the release 2.x.0 there. For 2.x.1, 2.x.2..., it usually contains small improvements and I usually add it to 2.x.0

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #96451 by xmanflash
Replied by xmanflash on topic Events Booking version 2.14.2 released
Hi Tuan,

I reported the bug a few weeks back, where cancelling the registration of a user that uses a coupon, doies not put that coupon back into the coupon available count...

You suggested it was a known bug, and would be in a new release in a couple of weeks - has this code been fixed yet?

Thanks,
Pete

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 4 weeks ago #96478 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Pete

I am sorry, that bug has not been fixed it as it is difficult than I thought due to the way data is stored in database. I am going to look at it and get it fixed in the next release. I will update you once the code is implemented

Regards,

Tuan