Recurring Events choices don't go away then dissapear

• Lon Czarnecki
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #117499 by Lon Czarnecki
Not sure if this is a bug...
I set up an event to be recurring. Every Tuesday for 4 weeks. It showed up fine on the calendar. I then set it to be Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, for 4 weeks, and saved. It then showed up on the calendar for all three days of the week, for 4 weeks. I unchecked Wednesday & Thursday, saved... nothing happened. The checkboxes were still checked after the save. I made sure to chose "update child events" and saved again. Still nothing. All the checkboxes have rechecked themselves again and all the events show up on the calendar. I clear all the fields in the Recurring section and set it not to recur and select "update all child events"' and it continues to recheck everything as if I didn't change anything. I returned to the list of events and manually deleted all children events so I could reset the parent event to recur only on Tuesdays, but when I then went back into the parent event, the field for Recurring Event is completely missing from the event details page. I can no longer chose to make an event recurring or not.

In fact that choice is now gone from ALL existing events and any new event I create.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #117502 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Recurring Events choices don't go away then dissapear
Hello Lon

That sounds strange to me and if it works like that, it's a bug and need to be fixed

I will try to check it myself and get back to you with the result later today

Regards,

Tuan

• Lon Czarnecki
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #117547 by Lon Czarnecki
Replied by Lon Czarnecki on topic Recurring Events choices don't go away then dissapear
Just to update you Tuan, the new events are showing the recurring fields again, just not on any existing events.

More
5 years 7 months ago #117616 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Recurring Events choices don't go away then dissapear
Hi Lon

I just tried here again and it's working fine for me.

1. First, I created a recurring event as you described
2. Then I updated that event (unchecked Tuesday), remember to check on Update Children Events checkbox, save it. Tuesday children events are now being deleted, and everything is saved properly for me

So far, I could not see the issue as you described

Tuan

• Lon Czarnecki
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #117647 by Lon Czarnecki
Replied by Lon Czarnecki on topic Recurring Events choices don't go away then disappear
I did a few more back and forth of the checking and unchecking of dates. When I did try to uncheck items, and save, they didn't stay unchecked. After doing that about 3 times is when it stopped showing up on any existing events. I've attached some screen shots of an existing event and of a new event.

As of today any new events have the recurring option, and all existing events do not. Even if I create a new event, once it's saved, the recurring option disappears.

Is it possible my install is bad? It's the most current version 3.7.1. Should I try re-installing it over the existing one?
Attachments:

More
5 years 7 months ago #117653 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Recurring Events choices don't go away then disappear
Hi Lon

Yes. In this case, you should re-install the extension and try again. If the issue still happens, submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site so that we can check and correct it

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc