No Donor Information posted to Joomla db

• lotus
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #12460 by lotus
I've been testing this component with the Live PayPal site and after the confirmation page, I am redirected to PayPal. I do not proceed with logging into PayPal and paying the donation.

However, no donor information is posted to the database in Joomla. My Donor Management tab is has no entries.

I assumed the donor information would posted to the Joomla database BEFORE the donor is redirected to PayPal. Even if the donor decides to not go through with a donation, we still want to capture their information to follow up with them.

When do you write the donor information to the Joomla database?

I need this information written to the database BEFORE the donor goes to PayPal as I have a lot of custom fields that need to go into the database which are not posted to PayPal.

Is there some setting I have missed configuring?

I also tested this with the Sandbox site, going through all the steps at PayPal and being returned to my website. Still no donor information appeared in the database.

Please tell me how to fix this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #12463 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: No Donor Information posted to Joomla db
Hi

I've been testing this component with the Live PayPal site and after the confirmation page, I am redirected to PayPal. I do not proceed with logging into PayPal and paying the donation.

However, no donor information is posted to the database in Joomla. My Donor Management tab is has no entries.

I assumed the donor information would posted to the Joomla database BEFORE the donor is redirected to PayPal. Even if the donor decides to not go through with a donation, we still want to capture their information to follow up with them.

When do you write the donor information to the Joomla database?

I need this information written to the database BEFORE the donor goes to PayPal as I have a lot of custom fields that need to go into the database which are not posted to PayPal.

=> The information is saved to database before users are redirected to Paypal. You can check t0r4j_jd_donors table to see that. However, these donors are only showed in Donors tab in the back-end if they completed their payments at Paypal. If they don't complete payment, they won't be showed from back-end. That's how the extension is designed to work. That will help prevent displaying the unnecessary donation records. Imaging that some people just want to test your donation system and the records still showed from back-end, that will make the list of donation records messed up !

I also tested this with the Sandbox site, going through all the steps at PayPal and being returned to my website. Still no donor information appeared in the database.

Please tell me how to fix this.

=> This issue only happens in TEST MODE because It seems Paypal changes their testing API recently and Test Mode doesn't work very well these days. I modified the Paypal payment plugin alitle to make it works with Test Mode. You can get the file below, unzip it, upload to components/com_jdonation/payments folder. After that, Test It again and It should work !

Attachment os_paypal.zip not found

Attachments:

More
12 years 5 months ago #12464 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
In case you want to show all donation records (both paid and un-paid records), you can modify the code alitle. The steps are :

1. Open the file administrator/components/com_jdonation/models/donors.php

2. Find the code below and remove it (around line 167) :
Code:
$where[] = ' (a.published=1 OR a.payment_method = "os_offline")';

After that, it will show all donors !

Tuan

• lotus
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #12468 by lotus
Thank you for the updated file for the PayPal plugin.

I've just tested it and the transaction posted through to the Joomla database, the emails were also sent. So that's working perfectly.

I updated the code in the donors.php flie to allow for all records to be shown - this is really important when testing a component to know if it's actually working. You can appreciate that reviewing MySQL tables is not very user-friendly. Thank you for pointing me to the right file.

ONE MORE ISSUE: the date stamp for the donation is off by 24 hours. I just put through another "test" transaction via the Sandbox and the date is showing as Nov 21, same all all the other ones I've done today.

The server is GMT -8 hours, so the date should be Nov 22.

Any idea why the date is incorrect?

More
12 years 5 months ago #12486 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
The date stored into database is server date , so it should be correct. You can check the data stored in database table to see it. Also, what version of the extension you are using ?

Tuan

• lotus
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #12490 by lotus
I'm using version 2.8.1 on Joomla 1.5.23

More
12 years 5 months ago #12491 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
That mean you are using an old version and it has an issue with server timezone. Please upgrade to version 2.9.0 and It will work well !

Regards,

Tuan

• lotus
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #12492 by lotus
I purchased the bundled Joom Donation/Newsletter a couple of days ago and version 2.8.1 was in the bundle.

Please email the updated Joom Donation version as there doesn't seem to be anywhere for me to download it.

More
12 years 5 months ago #12500 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

Please check your email to get the latest version. Also, don't forgot to backup the file os_paypal.php which I sent to you before ! That modification has not added to latest version yet !

Tuan

• lotus
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #12503 by lotus
I have received the new version of Joom Donation. Thank you for sending that. I do hope you update the Joom Donation/Newsletter plugin combo as it's using the old version, just so other customers don't have to deal with this in future.

Thank you for letting me know that the paypal plugin update was not included in the updated version; I have now added the one you sent the other day.

Some friendly advice? When a one of your team tells a customer they need a more current version of the component, and you can see they recently purchased the component, please just email it to them right away. Don't just tell them they need an updated version. I have had to delay launching the component by a day while I waited for someone to send me the new version. This should have just been done automatically.

And the reason I have the old version is that no one has bothered to update the one I downloaded, which was only this week!

I'm just really frustrated that I had the old version to begin with. I had to make a lot of custom changes to the template files in order to display the fields the way I wanted. And then I had to redo all this work again once I received the new Joom Donation version. This has set me back by two days and my client is waiting for this to launch....

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt