• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #75436 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Membership Pro version 2.2.0,2.2.1 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Membership Pro, version 2.2.0. In this version, I focus to improve the payment plugins in the extension to use better Payment API called Omniny ( omnipay.thephpleague.com ). Below are the details of the changes:

1. Improve payment plugin structure to use Omnipay payment processing API. The result is better payment plugins code and now, we have many more payment plugins available. See joomdonation.com/payment-plugins/members...payment-plugins.html

2. Allows you to to use any currency for your subscription plans. Before this release, if you use PayPal payment plugin for example, you are limited to only use the currency supported by PayPal. Now, you can use your own country currency and if that currency is not supported by the payment plugin, the payment amount will be converted to USD before passing to payment gateway.

3. Improve Stripe payment plugin to use StripeJs, your credit card is now encrypted before submitted to server, so it is more secure. If you use Stripe payment plugin, you should update to this latest version of Membership Pro and the Stripe payment plugin, too. After update, you need to edit the Stripe payment plugin, enter Public Key of your Stripe account into the plugin parameter to use this improvement

4. Allow using offline payment plugin for recurring subscription plans. That has been asking by many customers.

5. Added a config option to allow using email as username. If you activate this option, when people sign up, they won't have to enter username to register for an account anymore. Instead, Membership Pro will use their email as username. If you use this feature, please remember to publish the plugin OS Membership Registration Redirect so that existing users/subscribers can use their email to login, too.

6. Improve ACYMailing plugin, allows select mailing lists subscribers will be removed from when their subscription expired.

7. Fixed wrong subscription end date if you has subscription plans with fixed expiration date. For example, if you set fixed expirate date to 31-12-2016, on some timezone, the displayed subscription end date as 01-01-2017 (it is wrong)

8. Display subscription renew options in a more logical ways :

- Renew options is ordered by subscription length
- If subscriber upgraded their membership from plan A to plan B, then the renew option for plan A won't be displayed anymore

And some other small improvements.....

If you are using older version of Membership Pro and want to use this new improvements, please login to your account, access to My Downloads menu item, see your order, download latest version from there and upgrade it to your site.

Please note that if you update to this latest version and use a payment plugin which doesn't come with Events Booking by default, you should download latest version of the payment plugin and upgrade it, too (for better code). If you don't update, the old payment plugins will still work well

Regards,

Tuan
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alison, Jan, Alan Bennett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #75470 by Alan Bennett
Replied by Alan Bennett on topic Membership Pro version 2.2.0 released
Is a fix to my VAT issue included as per Support ticket 36520

Glad to see my Renewal feature and unexpected option for recurring offline payments. Busy night of testing ahead.

Many thanks

As a reward I have added PDF Indexer to my purchases :)

Alan

More
8 years 3 months ago #75479 by Alan Bennett
Replied by Alan Bennett on topic Membership Pro version 2.2.0 released
Tuan
I have just been testing:

8. Display subscription renew options in a more logical ways :

- Renew options is ordered by subscription length
- If subscriber upgraded their membership from plan A to plan B, then the renew option for plan A won't be displayed anymore

I am really happy with this but have noticed two characteristics that I am not sure if they are bugs or just how you designed it to work.

I happily upgraded from one plan to another.
Renewals of pre-upgrade plans were suppressed as expected. Fantastic news.

If I then expired the only remaining active plan then I only get the option to renew that one and not previous ones. Is this as designed? I might have expected I could renew any plan as I no longer have an active plan.

If I wanted to take out a different plan instead of that one I can, but not as a renewal.

When I view my subscription I am now offered upgrades to the new plan but also a renewal of the last previously expire plan even though I now have an active plan. Is this as designed or a bug? i would have expected the renewal to be suppressed as I have an active plan.

If it matters then I have set the config to allow renewals at any time.

Regards
Alan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 2 months ago #76577 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro version 2.2.0 released
Sorry, there is a bug in version 2.2.0 (which happens on some servers) causes PayPal IPN doesn't work properly, so I had to update version PayPal payment plugin and release version 2.2.1

If anyone has issue with recurring payment (when using PayPal), please download latest version 2.2.1 and upgrade it to your site

Tuan

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #76810 by Alan Henness
Replied by Alan Henness on topic Membership Pro version 2.2.0 released
Tuan said:

5. Added a config option to allow using email as username. If you activate this option, when people sign up, they won't have to enter username to register for an account anymore. Instead, Membership Pro will use their email as username. If you use this feature, please remember to publish the plugin OS Membership Registration Redirect so that existing users/subscribers can use their email to login, too.

This is great!

One small issue. I have a 're-type email address' custom field (with the validation rule:
Code:
validate[required,equals[email]]
so that it has to match the email field), but on the form, the order of the fields is:

email
password
re-type password
re-type email

Since the password fields don't appear in the Fields Manager: Fields list, I can're re-order them to place them below the 're-type email' field, which would be more logical:

email
re-type email
password
re-type password

It's a relatively minor issue, but is there a way round this?
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Alan Henness.

More
8 years 2 months ago #76812 by Scott Pearson
Replied by Scott Pearson on topic Membership Pro version 2.2.0 released
Is there a simple way to test recurring payments on an existing active subscription, rather than having to wait for one to initiate renewal? Such as manually changing the date on an account to make it run though PP?

More
8 years 2 months ago #76814 by Alan Henness
Replied by Alan Henness on topic Membership Pro version 2.2.0,2.2.1 released
Tuan said:

4. Allow using offline payment plugin for recurring subscription plans. That has been asking by many customers.

I'm not sure I understand how this works or what is different to previous versions. I can't see anything new about this in the documentation - can you point me to an explanation?

More
8 years 2 months ago #76847 by brilliant
Replied by brilliant on topic Membership Pro version 2.2.0,2.2.1 released
Can you please add the option for "membership pro" to able to resend Paypal IPN notifications to any url that I specify?
This would really save me, and it seems to me that it shouldn't be to hard for you to do.
That way I can you external invoice programs.
The lack of this feature is what's making me lok for another component, Iand I really like Membership pro.
Thanks!

More
8 years 2 months ago #77023 by Zafer
Replied by Zafer on topic Membership Pro version 2.2.0 released
Tuan Said:

This is very confused for the client. The term "Username" should also be replaced when the option is enabled in the settings. Otherwise this feature does not make a sense.

The Correct Form can be:

Existing User

Email:_______
Password:_______

New User

Email:_________
Password:_______
Retype Password:________
Attachments:

More
8 years 1 month ago #78630 by Luis Fernandez
Replied by Luis Fernandez on topic Membership Pro version 2.2.0,2.2.1 released
Hi Tuan. Can we update a site where we have Membership Pro installed to Joomla 3.5?

Best regards!