[17-Jan-2024] Membership Pro Version 3.5.0 Released

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #163528 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce new version of Membership Pro 3.5.2 with the following improvements:

1. Improve User Profile Page

- Allow adding additional tabs in user profile. The title and content of the additional tags are controlled in menu item parameters. Content plugins are supported, so you can use any content plugins in content of these tags like how you use it in Joomla articles.

- Allow choosing active tab for profile page

- Do not show subscriptions of unpublished plans in Subscriptions History

2. Added Membership Pro - HTTP Plugin

This plugin allows sending subscription data to a configured external URL each time a subscription record is created and becomes active. It is useful in case you need to send subscription data to an external system.

3. Added Membership Pro - User Files Plugin

Allow you to upload files for individual subscribers when it is needed. The files need to be uploaded to [ROOT]/media/com_osmembership/userfiles/[USERNAME] or [ROOT]/media/com_osmembership/userfiles/[USERID] folder, then it will be displayed on user profile page so that the subscriber can download. You can upload different files for different subscribers in this case (files for each subscriber is stored in it's own folder)

4. Support Hidden Plans

Sometime, you might want to create subscription plans but do not want these plans to be displayed for everyone to subscribe. In this case, you can mark the plan as Hidden and it won't be displayed on Plans List. You can then, create menu item to link to these hidden plans and send these links to the users you want to allow them to subscribe.

5. Improve Custom Field Validation

Added a new server validation rule called unique to allow validating and making sure value for a custom field need to is unique. That mean two different subscriptions could not enter/use same value for that custom field.

6. Improve Member Card

- Allow using Custom Member Card size

- Allow group members to download member cards

Please update your site to this latest version of Membership Pro to uses these improvements. Thanks for continue using our products and support our development

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben, Alison, David Unwin, Johnny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #163537 by Alvaro Mendoza
Replied by Alvaro Mendoza on topic [17-Jan-2024] Membership Pro Version 3.5.0 Released
Hi Tuan.

5. Improve Custom Field Validation

I use custom fields to add product details, details such as browser compatibility, versions, frameworks and others, which are mostly the same in all subscription plans.

As I understand it, after this change you have introduced, I will no longer be able to use it that way, or am I misunderstanding? And if I understood correctly, what solution is there for us who add the same value to all subscriptions? Maybe in the configuration there should be an option to make it unique or not.

Regards

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #163539 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic [17-Jan-2024] Membership Pro Version 3.5.0 Released
Hi Alvaro

No, you mis-understanding. It is only affect the custom fields which allow users to enter data when they subscribe for the plan

And this validation is only performed if you setup that validation rule in the custom field. In short, the change you here does not affect your existing setup, don't worry

Tuan

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #163540 by Alvaro Mendoza
Replied by Alvaro Mendoza on topic [17-Jan-2024] Membership Pro Version 3.5.0 Released
Thanks Tuan, great job.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #163541 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic [17-Jan-2024] Membership Pro Version 3.5.0 Released
Thanks Alvaro !

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #163559 by David Unwin
Replied by David Unwin on topic [17-Jan-2024] Membership Pro Version 3.5.0 Released
Hi Tuan,
Thanks for latest update. One question re
6. Improve Member Card
 - Allow using Custom Member Card sized
I can't see what has changed in the config options for member card.
You have always been able  to set Page Orientation and Page Format
See  membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/basic-setup/membership-card
Have I missed something here?
Kind regards
David

The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #163565 by Alan Bennett
Replied by Alan Bennett on topic [17-Jan-2024] Membership Pro Version 3.5.0 Released
Please can you provide some examples of how to use the additional tabs on the user profile? There is nothing in the documentation as yet.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #163582 by David Unwin
Replied by David Unwin on topic [17-Jan-2024] Membership Pro Version 3.5.0 Released
Hi Allan, 
The way I see it, you could use it for a number of things in the tab from simply some text/images like in an article to the fact you could load a module from Membership Pro, Events booking or any other joomla module that could be accessed by all users with a Membership. We(I) might look a using it to display the user's booking history from Events Booking.
Kind regards
David

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #163583 by Alan Bennett
Replied by Alan Bennett on topic [17-Jan-2024] Membership Pro Version 3.5.0 Released
Thanks David

That's what I was hoping. No need to use for events bookings as there is a plugin for that already that I use:

Membership Pro - Events Booking Registration History

I would like to add same for eShop purchases, eShop wishlist and eDocman bookmarks. Just not sure how to implement it and hence the ask for examples.

Alan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #163588 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Alan

In the most simple use-cases, these extra tabs can only contains HTML code. However, since it support content plugins there, you can use any plugins in the same way as how you use it in Joomla articles. For example, you can load gallery inside the tab (if you are having a gallery plugin which allow inserting galleries into Joomla articles)

For eShop purchases, eShop wishlist and eDocman bookmarks, you would still need to develop plugins for these tasks yourself

Tuan