Membership Pro disable user after expiration date

• reiyo
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #59286 by reiyo
Hi ,
I just bought membership pro like one hour ago I read the documentation and everything but trying to understand a few things

1. How do I make users not able to login after their subscription has been expired so the user should stay there but be disabled after their subscription plan has expired

2. It seems like the plans are not working when I assign a new user to a plan without using the subscription start date and subscription end date it doesn't do anything so do I have to set the subscription start data and end date for every user?

All I need to do is make trial accounts for a few days so users can use these trials for example for 5 days and after 5 days they can not login anymore how could I do this?

Thanks in advance
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by reiyo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• reiyo
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #59324 by reiyo
In this topic admin told me that I can do this feature before I buy the extension
joomdonation.com/forum/questions/46572-m...eady-to-buy-but.html

Would you please help guys?

More
9 years 1 month ago #59344 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro disable user after expiration date
Hi

Please go to Extensions -> Plugins Manager, find and publish the plugin "OS Membership User", click on it to edit, then make sure:

1. The plugin is published

2. You set the parameter "Block account when subscription expired" to Yes

Then users account will be blocked after their subscription expired.

For the subscription start date and subscription end date, right now, it is not calculated automatically when you create subscription record from backend, So you will need to enter start date and end date manually

I will try to work and improve it within this week so that if you leave start date empty, the current date will be start date and the end date will be start date + subscription length. I think it will save sometime if you have to create these records manually from backend

Tuan

• reiyo
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #59345 by reiyo
Thank you very much for the explanation Tuan I appreciate your help :)

I will try that and get back to you and if you release the update please let me know thanks very much :)

More
7 years 3 months ago #92930 by Nabo
hi

i need to block account after subscrition expired but i can´t find the plugin OS Membership User.
Do you change anything?

More
7 years 3 months ago #92933 by Nabo
okay, i found the plugin.
it´s called now system - membership pro

More
7 years 3 months ago #92966 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro disable user after expiration date
Yes, that's correct. Thanks for sharing what you figured out

However, I still don't think that we should block users when subscription expired. The reason is because if you block the user account, in case they want to renew their membership, they could not login to process the renewal

So you should think about it carefully with this decision

Tuan

More
5 years 3 months ago #121850 by David Collado
Replied by David Collado on topic Membership Pro disable user after expiration date
Block account when subscription expired to "YES" doesn't work anyway.

It's nice to be able to block online content that you are charging customers for in the subscription plan. Users can still login without paying and see content only for paying members.

Also when the person is expired, the setting for auto downgrading their account when they are expired does nothing. How do I fix and how do I send you my login info so I can address a list of items please?

thanks again. I use so many of your products.

More
5 years 3 months ago #121851 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi David

The question here is how you configure Membership Pro to allow subscribers to access to paid content? If it's configured properly, subscribers won't be able to access to these content after their subscription expired

See membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/resources-access-restriction to see the available methods which can be used

If you have any problem, please explain more details about your setup and tell me what's wrong so that I can guide you to check it further

Regards,

Tuan