Member ID - Synchronise to Community Builder

• Mark Matheson
  • Topic Author
  • Working with you for the link run
More
7 years 7 months ago #86618 by Mark Matheson
Member ID - Synchronise to Community Builder was created by Mark Matheson
I have recently purchased Membership Pro and am loving what I have found so far.

Rather than using the Membership Pro profile, I am using Community Builder as I prefer the profile features. I have got data synchronising from MP when members sign up. However, one field I cannot find in the Custom Field list and that I would like sync'd to Community Builder is the Member ID.

Can you advise how I can get the MP Member ID synchronised to Community Builder so members can see their own Member ID.?

Events Booking (2.10.1) and Membership Pro (2.6.2) user

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #86694 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Member ID - Synchronise to Community Builder
Hi Mark

Unfortunately, it is not possible. Member ID is a calculated field (auto-increment ID), so it could not be mapped with a field in Membership Pro

While it is possible to save that data from Membership Pro to Cummunity Builder, it won't be possible to save it back to Memebrship Pro when someone changes it via Community Builder and that's the reason I could not make it as the mapped field

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Matheson

• Mark Matheson
  • Topic Author
  • Working with you for the link run
More
7 years 7 months ago #86696 by Mark Matheson
Replied by Mark Matheson on topic Member ID - Synchronise to Community Builder
I was afraid of that :-(

I understand that the field is an auto-increment ID, and thinking about the process, I would not want it to be able to be changed, so the fact that it can't be written back from CB to MP isn't an issue. I was hoping to display it for completeness.

But I understand the restriction and understand the reasoning behind it..

FYI I have dumped CB as it had a restriction in place that meant it could get around MP and create users that hadn't signed up via MP.

Thanks for considering it though :-)

Events Booking (2.10.1) and Membership Pro (2.6.2) user

More
6 years 11 months ago #99074 by Hurai Rody
Replied by Hurai Rody on topic Member ID - Synchronise to Community Builder
Hi Mark! What extension did you end up using instead of Community Builder? We're trying to help a client with something similar and are seeing potential issues with CB. Any input you can provide would be great. Thanks!