Once Plan expires customer unable to renwew.

• John Willems
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #95947 by John Willems
Once Plan expires customer unable to renwew. was created by John Willems
I am guessing the solution to this is simple but it is one I have not found.

My customers often fail to renew a plan before it expires. When that happens they are no longer able to login using their login credentials. So they try to start a new subscription. . They are unable to use the same credentials as before. The error massage tell them that user already exists.

This forces them to create a new user, using a different email address which they are not always able to do. I will guess I need to handle the Joomla groups differently when a plan expires; so they can use the existing credentials to purchase (re-subscribe) to a plan.

If anyone has a tip as to how to allow an expired subscriber to use their previous user credentials to purchase a new subscription it will be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 1 month ago #95954 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Once Plan expires customer unable to renwew.
Hello John

In short, we don't have a solution for this problem. And I am afraid of you are having a wrong setup. The idea is we should not block user account when the subscription is expired, that will prevent them from logging in to renew their membership

If you want to give subscribers access to restricted resources, creating a new Joomla user group called Paid Members for example, assign subscribers to this group and give users from this group to access to these recourds

Other users (including Registered users) can only access to normal resources (without having to pay)

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Willems

• John Willems
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #95957 by John Willems
Replied by John Willems on topic Once Plan expires customer unable to renwew.
I am also thinking my setup is wrong. Instead of a Paid Members group title I have created one called Subscribers. I am thinking I my changes to the Joomla Groups when a subscription is not correct. My experimentation has not worked so far, I will just keep at it until the magic combination is found.

Time of go look at my setup again and try some logical thinking about the process

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 1 month ago #95979 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK John. Check your setup all again and if you need advice, please don't hesitate to ask

Tuan

• Jennifer Dellenbusch
More
7 years 4 weeks ago #96433 by Jennifer Dellenbusch
Replied by Jennifer Dellenbusch on topic Once Plan expires customer unable to renwew.
I have this concern too - I would like expired members/subscribers to be able to log in to renew, but not to access other content. If I understand correctly what you are saying our content restriction would be for "Active" for example, but log in would still be available to "Expired"?

Thanks for your help,
Jen

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 4 weeks ago #96445 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Jen

That's correct. Login should be possible/available for everyone, restricted content access should only available for active subscribers

See membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/resources-access-restriction , there are different options/ways to restrict access to restricted content for subscribers

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jennifer Dellenbusch

• Jennifer Dellenbusch
More
7 years 4 weeks ago #96448 by Jennifer Dellenbusch
Replied by Jennifer Dellenbusch on topic Once Plan expires customer unable to renwew.
Thanks Tuan! Your support is the best!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tuan Pham Ngoc

• John Willems
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #96574 by John Willems
I finally had a chance to go back and look at my setup of user groups etc. It seems correct yet. Do I need to set a Joomla group for each plan? If so I did not. I simply have every member put into a single group called 'subscriber'. When it expires I remove them from that group. When that happens they can no longer login.

I believe I have the article restrictions setup correctly though I may have to change those to reflect the groups. I am uncertain about that part.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #96596 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello John

1. No, you don't need to setup group for each plan. You only need to setup group for each plan if you want subscribers of each plan to have different permission

2. When subscription expired, they will be removed from that Subscriber group. But they should still be in Registered group and can still login. So in your case, when subscription expired, users remain in what user group?

Tuan

• John Willems
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #96610 by John Willems
Tuan

They remain in Public and Registered. I only remove them from the Subscriber group. When they click on the MemPro login and enter their user credentials they are denied access. When they go to purchase a new subscription they enter their now expired credentials as an existing user and are told the user already exists. So they cannot login in to renew an account. If they purchase a new subscription they have to create an entire new user and a new email address.

I lost one subscriber yesterday to the problem so obviously I would to fix it if at all possible.

This is the source of virtually all my customer service problems. If I could resolve it my customer service work would be virtually nothing. It would also help me keep my customers. I would like that.