members directory.

• Pete Willingham
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #106123 by Pete Willingham
members directory. was created by Pete Willingham
I have a requirement to allow the committee of my club access to the membership database on a read only basis. I had been looking at the membership directory option but the limitation here is having to turn on all the individual fields. We have another need to give limited access to the members directory which is why I have disabled the display of all but members names.
I believe that the best option if to have the manage subscriptions accessible through the front end on a read only basis for the required people but I would like to turn off the "export subscribers" and "renew subscription" buttons. there is new data protection legislation coming into force in the EU next May and I have to be able to limit the ability to copy the database as it includes personal data that has to be protected.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #106131 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic members directory.
Isn't Display Members list feature is something can be used, see membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/fronte...display-members-list for documentation, see membershippro.joomservices.com/member-area/members-list for demo (you can control which fields you want to show on the members list and member details page)

Tuan

• Pete Willingham
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #106155 by Pete Willingham
Replied by Pete Willingham on topic members directory.
Tuan. than you again for the quick reply.

we have a group of members (about 30 of our total membership of 700+) that arrange events and need to be able to confirm that a membership is active. I will be using the members list function for this. Because of new data protection legislation i have to limit their view to just the members name. these users can search by name or membership number to confirm the subscription is active as this is the view i have enabled. I can't allow this group to see addresses, email or phone etc.

There is a much smaller group of members (chairman, secretary) that need to be able to see the full members details and this can be achieved by using the manage subscriptions function in read only mode. This I have been able to configure. However to comply with our privacy rules i can't allow these members the ability to download the full list of subscribers via the button that appears, and I just want to be able to hide / remove this on the front end. I would be happy if this is a manual mod that has to be carried out after any updates if this is the simplest way to achieve it.

• Pete Willingham
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #106164 by Pete Willingham
Replied by Pete Willingham on topic members directory.
Tuan.

I can now see there is a difference between members list and the profile that shows when the link is enabled and followed and believe this will provide the info my officers need.

More
6 years 5 months ago #106182 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic members directory.
OK Mike. I'm glad to hear that :)

Tuan