OS Property support center

Problem with the advanced search module

More
11 years 4 months ago #23793 by Laura
Hi, I have a problem with the advanced search module: I made a new menu voice linked to an article and I published the "Display Properties Search" module in this menu voice.
However, when I go to see this page, the page is all blank and doesn't show anything.
If I unpublish the module, then the page is OK.

I am making something wrong? Or could it be a template problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #23794 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Re: Problem with the advanced search module
Hi Laura,
You used the load module plugin to load the search module into the article right? I am not sure it will work because it relate to the template, yes. In some case, the template in the article can break the structure of the search module and it shows the blank page. I will take a look at this problem and let you know the solution.
Thanks
Dam

More
11 years 4 months ago #23795 by Laura
Hi Damdt,

I've tried using the load module plugin, but also by publishing the module in a template position.
In both way it didn't work.

More
11 years 4 months ago #23838 by Mr. Dam
Hi Laura,
There are 2 problems you will have when you add the module into the article.
1. Please do not put 2 osproperty search modules in the same page. It will have the php error.
2. When you add the module into the article, the parameters of the search module (configured in the backend of module) can't be loaded. So you need to modify some code in the module to make it work normally.
Thanks
Dam

More
11 years 4 months ago #23855 by Laura
Hi Dam,

actually I have published two osproperty search modules, but not in the same pages.
One module is published in the Home Page (and all other pages except page named "Advanced search"), it only has the basic filter search (not advanced search) and it works fine.
The other one is published in the page "Advanced search" (just in this page and no other pages), it also has the advance search (like custom fields) but it doesn't work, it just shows a blank page. I really don't understand why it doesn't work...

About the code to be modified in order to put the search module in an article, can you help me?
I am not a programmer and I am not able to modify code.

Thank you for your kind support!

More
11 years 4 months ago #23857 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
I am not sure that you can use 2 modules. But please send your details of your site (your site link, super admin account and ftp account) to damdt@joomservices.com, i will check for you.
Thanks
Dam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laura

More
11 years 4 months ago #23871 by Laura
Hi Dam,

I solved this problem in a different way: I used the menu type "Layout: Advance Search".
It is perfect for my purpose!

Thank you anyway!

More
11 years 4 months ago #23888 by Mr. Dam
I have solved the issue in your site. you can use 2 copty versions of mod_ospropertysearch now. I also update new version of the module into the latest OS Property package version 2.0.4
Thanks
Dam

More
11 years 3 months ago #25280 by Laura
Hi Dam,

I'm sorry to bother you again however I am having another issue with the search module and I don't really know how to figure it out.
I hope you can help me again...

In my site ( amp.rubedo.it/ ) I have the Home Page as "Layout: advanced search" and in the same page I have also published the search module (from your last version 2.0.4.3).
I modified a bit the search module in order to display country, state and city in the basic information (due to the limited space of the module position).
However, from the Home page, if I select the country (Regione), then I cannot select any state (Provincia) nor city (Città). The odd thing is that it only does it on the home page. On other pages the search module works fine. Therefore I suppose that there is some kind of incompatibility between the menu voice "Layout: advanced search" and the search module...
Can you please take a look and help me fixing this issue?

Thank you in advance!

Laura

More
11 years 3 months ago #25313 by Mr. Dam
Yes, you are correct, the search module can't be in the advance search page. It will have the error in the fields states and cities.
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan