Questions about Payment Form extension

Form wont show, just shows {pmform 2} as text

More
12 years 10 months ago #9952 by AMAT
I have uploaded all 3 files and enabled the plugin etc but when I paste {pmform 2} into my article it doesn't show the form, it just shows {pmform 2} as text on my webpage. I am using the form ID relating to the form I have created.

I have noticed a few people around here having the same problem and having to provide admin login details to get it fixed, however I would rather not pass on these details.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this myself.

Regards,
AMAT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #9953 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Form wont show, just shows {pmform 2} as text
Hi AMAT

Please make sure :

1. You installed (not uploaded) the Payment Form plugin (the file pmform.zip in the package) . After that make sure you published the plugin .

2. Make sure you use the correct syntax {pmform FORM_ID} (I think you did) .

If if stilll doesn't work, It must be something wrong / special with your site (It works with other customers, someone said that it doesn't work but when I checked their sites, I see that they are using the wrong syntax or forgot to install/publish the plugin) . In this case, you really need to submit a support ticket give me administrator and FTP account of your site so that I can check and fix it !

Regards,

Tuan

More
12 years 10 months ago #9955 by dazedays
Are you using the extension mod_articleasmodule?'
I noticed in our environment if I publish the {pmform 1} in an article, and create a menu item as 'article layout' it works.
But, if I use ' mod_articleasmodule' to place the article in a specific module and point to the article, then use Menu Assignment to set only to show on specific menus, I will get just the text {pmform 1}

More
12 years 10 months ago #9956 by AMAT
When I publish the plugin do I need to assign it to a position? and also assign it to certain pages?

Regards,
AMAT

More
12 years 10 months ago #9957 by dazedays
No. I was just indicating if you use mod_articleasmodule I had similar issues you had.

what WYSIWYG editor do you have installed?

Have you tried uninstalling the pmform plugin, and reinstalling?

if it's enabled, it should work.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #9959 by AMAT
This is the 3rd time I have written this, it just wont post.

I am using the default editor that came with Joomla 1.6

I have published the plugin but can only get the payment form to show by changing the menu item to "form", I was hoping to insert it into an existing article. Is this possible?

Yes I have uninstalled/reinistalled many times.

PS. I don't seem to have an article layout options.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by AMAT.

More
12 years 10 months ago #9960 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Form wont show, just shows {pmform 2} as text
Hi AMAT

Yes, the plugin allows you to embed the form into any Joomla article . That's how it supposes to work and it works well .

I would suggest you to give me administrator account (just for about 10 minutes) and I will make it works and tell you what you did wrong .

Regards,

Tuan

More
12 years 10 months ago #9961 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
It's lunch time here now, so I will check it in about one hour if you give me the information .

Regards,

Tuan

More
12 years 10 months ago #9967 by AMAT
Is it possible to provide me with some things to look for rather than me having to give out my login details? It's just a bit of stuffing around that's all and I don't feel all that comfortable doing it anyway.

Regards,
AMAT

More
12 years 10 months ago #9975 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
As replied via email, you had an extra space between pmform and FORM_ID . it must be {pmform 1} but you wrote {pmform 1} (has space as I said) .

I changed it and everything works fine now (also updated your site to version 1.7 of Payment Form which I just released few minutes ago) .

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc