missing option for USPS Pro shipping

• thepiston
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #59382 by thepiston
missing option for USPS Pro shipping was created by thepiston
You are missing the "First Class International Large Envelope" option for the USPS Shipping plugin. You have all others but that one.

Also, what is supposed to go into the UserID and Zip Code fields?

And why does the Plugin always check "Priority Mail" when I save when I do not want that option?
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by thepiston.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 1 month ago #59403 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic missing option for USPS Pro shipping
Hello Thepiston,

1. Currently, our USPS shipping plugin does not support "First Class International Large Envelope"
2. UserID is your ID from USPS. Zip Code is the From Zip Code where your store is located.
3. That's strange. Please try again. If you still see that issue, please submit a new ticket to EShop category to send me the site information so I can help you to check.

Sincerely, Giang

• thepiston
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 1 month ago #59444 by thepiston
Replied by thepiston on topic missing option for USPS Pro shipping
is there a documentation page for all of these options and setup for the USPS plugin?

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 1 month ago #59496 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic missing option for USPS Pro shipping
Hello Thepiston,

I am sorry but there is detail documentation for USPS plugin. However, all of options in the configuration of plugin are clear I think. I also supported and answered your ticket. Please following up there to get my supports.

Sincerely, Giang

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #75865 by David Soden
Replied by David Soden on topic missing option for USPS Pro shipping
Hi Giang this is all very and extremely confusing and NONE of the nomenclature terms you use and USPS uses MATCH. To make matters worse this IS can be (according to gateway.usps.com/eAdmin/view/signin )
  • Username (how a individual logs into the system and I assume this can also be what you call a "USER ID")
  • [CRID that they call a Customer Registration IDli]
  • MID which they call a mailer ID

as you can se there are 3 possible ID's and NONE OF THEM specifically SAY as you require "* User ID"

HELP!!!/???
OPENED TICKET ID 40146
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by David Soden.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #75866 by David Soden
Replied by David Soden on topic missing option for USPS Pro shipping
so here is the big mystery solved!
What you are not told is the USER ID this asks for is NOT your SHIP-N-CLICK or Business Gateway user name nor is it your CRID or MID

it is also NEVER EVER MENTIONED that you as a plugin purchaser must create a special account at
registration.shippingapis.com/ to get your User ID :pinch:

Adding this as hover text over the user ID in the plugin or adding a DOCUMENTATION link like you do for other things is EXTREMELY HELPFUL. I WOULD HAVE PAID 99 USD for this plugin if you did not wast 4 hour of my life - this is ridiculous something so simple valued at 2/3 of the shopping cart $20 vs $35 yet 1/128th the effort was put into the product for the consumer to be successful with it, Sorry I m just extremely frustrated that it took me hours to STOP and think like a programmer and say I bet there is an API that the app is expecting and sure enough www.usps.com/business/web-tools-apis/rat...pi.htm#_Toc439858210 is the document where I saw Request Tag Descriptions and the tag RateV4Request / @USERID which matches the applicaiton nomenclature 100% only to see "
This attribute specifies your Web Tools ID. See the Developer's Guide for information on obtaining your USERID."

Then finally found www.usps.com/business/web-tools-apis/gen...-developer-guide.pdf which has a line that reads To Our Customers
In the e-mail from the registration process, you received a user ID that will ultimately allow you
to utilize the Web Tools APIs.
but could not still found out how to register so I backed off the PDF in the url to take me to just www.usps.com/business/web-tools-apis and this was where I finally found this damn button.

Once I got the email and pluged in the USER ID it lit up like a christmas tree. Like I said absolutely ridiculous and no help to be found after wasting 4 hour of my life!!!
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by David Soden.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rhylos, David Melville

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong