Using different template for EShop than main site

• Jeff Hilyer
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #88013 by Jeff Hilyer
Our main site uses a different Joomla template than the template I want to use for the EShop (LaVida). We currently have EShop but have the "plain Jane" default EShop template that pretty much mimics our main site. If I download and install a new template for EShop, will I be able to toggle back and forth from old to new without "damage" to either. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 7 months ago #88032 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Using different template for EShop than main site
Hello Jeff,

Joomla has the feature allows you to assign different templates into different menu items. So if you would like to use our template for only EShop pages, then simply go to template managements, then choose the Lavida template and assign it to the EShop menu item.

Hope that this is useful.
Sincerely, Giang

• Jeff Hilyer
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #88051 by Jeff Hilyer
Replied by Jeff Hilyer on topic Using different template for EShop than main site
Hi, Giang..
Thanks, as always, for your reply. Ok I see the separation of template installations in our Joomla backend. I will install a new template in my store location where I see the EShop default template installed now. I assume that I can toggle between, for example, the ESHop default template and my other installed EShop templates without being destructive. Correct? Also, if my company (Guardian Fueling Technologies) is a current EShop owner, would we still need to purchase the templates individually? Thanks

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 7 months ago #88093 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Using different template for EShop than main site
Hello Jeff,

Yes, that's correct. If you/your company use our template, then you/your company need to purchase it.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong