Auto Archive

• Dennis
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #116066 by Dennis
Auto Archive was created by Dennis
I first want to say eDocman is a great application which I love the indexing feature that I have not seen in any other file management application for Joomla so thank you for that.

Two things I would really like to see come to eDocman is
1. Auto Archive (it would be nice to be able to set a certain time frame of no activity it puts in archive format meaning possibly eDocman marks the file as archived and it doesn't show up normally unless you click (include archived files on the front end). Would be great to be able to run a report on activity on files/documents.

2. Version Control (now I know you have a field that says Version but what I would like is if I click on a file/document and choose to upload another file for that document, I want it to increase the version automatically or at least prompt asking (Do you want to update the version)

If I was being really picky I would ask for the categories view in the backend to be cleaner somehow. not sure what I'm asking but it feels a little difficult to find the category.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dennis
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #116786 by Dennis
Replied by Dennis on topic Auto Archive
+1 for version control

We are trying to use our Joomla site more and more versus stupid Sharepoint but we need version control as a required feature.

I love the idea that any upload requires a version (either person uploading has to set it to be greater than last version) OR if they don't set it, then minor version (.x) gets incremented by 1

When you download file it should have the version number appended to name as well... so example: document_v1.1.doc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. Dam