All questions about EDocman extension

Update to version 1.0.5 will that default rights

• Mathias
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #14645 by Mathias
Hello,

i update Edocman 1.0.4 to version 1.0.5.
But now all rights of the document will set to the default rights. Is there a option to set all document rights at one time?

Another question is. How can i make it possible that new documents have certain rights? For Example i will that new documents have always the right that registert user can download it. But on the default settings it´s always disapeld.

Thanks a lot for help and sorry for my bad english.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mathias
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #14646 by Mathias
Hello,

i find out that the first point of my post is my fault.
But the second question is very interessting for me.

Thanks a lot

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 1 month ago #14668 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Update to version 1.0.5 will that default rights
Hi

Another question is. How can i make it possible that new documents have certain rights? For Example i will that new documents have always the right that registert user can download it. But on the default settings it´s always disapeld

=>A document will inherit permission from category it is assigned to. So the solution is that you set permission of category to that "default rights" . Then when you create documents, simply leave all permissions to Inherit and these documents will have "default rights" you want.

Hope my answer is clear to you. Please spend some more time to read joomdonation.com/index.php?option=com_co...le&id=109&Itemid=134 to understand how permissions work in EDocman. (It is really really flexible) .

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam