All questions about EDocman extension

Table Layout and Files-What am I doing wrong?

• Christine OConnell
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #16748 by Christine OConnell
Table Layout and Files-What am I doing wrong? was created by Christine OConnell
I am VERY VERY new to Joomla and so far this extension is doing EVERYTHING I want it to with the exception of one thing.
I have several menus and menu items, but from the front end, if I click on one menu item it takes me to a page where it shows me ALL the documents of all the other menu items as well.
For example...I have one menu item for Meeting Agendas then I have another menu item for Reports.
If I click on Meeting agendas it opens up a table layout that shows me ALL the reports of all the different regions and All the meeting agendas of all the meetings I have set up that are available throughout the site. So basically what it's doing is just pooling every single document throughout the site and putting them all on one page wherever I have documents set up. What am I doing wrong? I want to open Meeting Agendas and only see the meeting agendas for that particular meeting.
I set up separate categories in Edocman and set up all separate menu items, and I don't see anything else to set up or link to let it know that all these documents need to be separated.
Please, if anyone has a clue what I'm missing I'd really appreciate the help.
Other than that, this extension ROCKS!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #16749 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Table Layout and Files-What am I doing wrong?
Hi

I believe you forgot to choose the category you want to display documents from when creating menu item. Please see attached image for more information . After choosing the category from menu parameter, I believe it will work as expected .

Regards,

Tuan
Attachments:

• Christine OConnell
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #16750 by Christine OConnell
Replied by Christine OConnell on topic Re: Table Layout and Files-What am I doing wrong?
Thank you so much for trying to help, but I went back in and checked and all menu items have the proper categories selected, so it seems I did do this process. So still unsure why all the documents are pooling into one long list.
Thank you again, if you think of anything else, please let me know...I really appreciate it.

More
11 years 10 months ago #16751 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Table Layout and Files-What am I doing wrong?
OH, really ? Why don't you submit a support ticket sending me administrator account of your site so that I can do a quick check for you ?

Tuan

• Christine OConnell
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #16752 by Christine OConnell
Replied by Christine OConnell on topic Re: Table Layout and Files-What am I doing wrong?
Thank you Tuan, I just submitted a ticket....You Rock!

More
11 years 10 months ago #16753 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Christine

Please see my response via support ticket. Here it is again :

Hi

For some reasons, you created menu item to link to wrong view of EDocman (you created menu item to link to search view instead of category view). Please see the menu item I just corrected (the 016 menu item) and update other menu items. After that, it will work as expected .

Regards,

Tuan

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christine OConnell

• Christine OConnell
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #16754 by Christine OConnell
Yay it's fixed!! Thank you Thank you Thank you! I knew I was doing something wrong!
Great Customer Service and Great Extension! Wooot!

Moderators: Mr. Dam