All questions about EDocman extension

Backend demo of EDocman

• myshol
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #45521 by myshol
Backend demo of EDocman was created by myshol
Before I'll make my decision if I want to buy this extension I need to see backend demo of this. Is this possible?

At demo site I can see only frontend in various versions.

TIA,
Jarek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #45522 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Backend demo of EDocman
Hi Jarek

Sorry, we don't provide demo to back-end of the extension. However, you can go ahead to purchase the extension and use it on your site.

If for some reason you don''t like it, simply ask us for refund !

Tuan

• myshol
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #45525 by myshol
Replied by myshol on topic Backend demo of EDocman
OK, just bought it.

More
9 years 11 months ago #45558 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Great. Thanks so much. Please setup and use the extension and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask !

Regards,

Tuan

• myshol
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #45567 by myshol
First of all I don't want some user groups to access Bulk Import, Licenses, Translation, Download Log and Configuration links in backend menu. How can I achieve it?

If in ACL I grant acess for Creating items (in component permissions), users are able to create items and categories as well. But sometimes I want them only to create new items, not categories. Is this possible to lock creating of categories?

Also if user group is granted rights to create items, they can create new item in any category available in system. But I want them to be able create new items only in specific categories. They shouldn't even see other categoreis (while creating new document and in category manager) than available for them. Now I'm able to create new document in any category, even if in category permissions I have no right to do that.

I want categories and documents to work with ACL like articles and their categories does.

Finally, when users are browsing Documents in backend they can see everytyhing that was added there. I need to hide from them every dodument that is not in a category that they can access.

TIA
Jarek
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by myshol.

More
9 years 11 months ago #45594 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Jarek

First of all, I am sorry that the features you are asking for are not available in the extension. It is still not flexible in the way you want and will need some customization added in order to have that feature.

So in this case, I will refund the money of the purchase you made. Then you can find a different extension or use it as starting point and customize it to meet your need. Will it be OK for you ?

(I am too busy these days and won't be available to look at the details you reported until next week). I really like your suggestions about the items :

If in ACL I grant acess for Creating items (in component permissions), users are able to create items and categories as well. But sometimes I want them only to create new items, not categories. Is this possible to lock creating of categories?

Also if user group is granted rights to create items, they can create new item in any category available in system. But I want them to be able create new items only in specific categories. They shouldn't even see other categoreis (while creating new document and in category manager) than available for them. Now I'm able to create new document in any category, even if in category permissions I have no right to do that.

I will spend time in the future (hopefully in the next two weeks) to think about these features and will add support to the extension.

Regards,

Tuan

• myshol
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #45617 by myshol
I'm afraid I can't wait that long. Could You tell me what changess need to be made?

Jarek

More
9 years 11 months ago #45636 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Jarek

There are many of them :

1. Customize code so that the sub-menu items Bulk Import, Licenses, Translation, Download Log and Configuration will only be displayed to the groups you want.

2. For the permissions, it is very complicated to handle, so you can only customize it if you have a very strong Joomla programming Skill

In this case, I think I will just go ahead to refund the money of your purchase and you find an extension which has the ACL feature works in the way you want - I am not sure there is one like that available :( as your requirement seems complicated.

Please let me know Paypal Transaction ID of your purchase so that I can process refund for you !

Tuan

• myshol
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #45643 by myshol
Like You said, in every component there is something missing that I require. Your's seems to be the best of all so I hoped it will fit.

My requires may seem to be complicated but with ACL Manager I was able to set everything as I want to in joomla articles and category manager. Same should be possible with download component.

Let me analize few more things and get back to You in few days. Keep me posted with news about Your work please.

If I could reschedule deadline on this project, is this possible that You could make those changes in two weeks as You said?

TIA
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by myshol.

More
9 years 11 months ago #45693 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi TIA

Feel free to analize it and get back to me when you want. You can always ask me for refund whenever you want.

For now, I can only say that I will try to improve the ACL but I cannot promise It will work exactly in the way you want. So please try to handle this requirement yourself (either by customizing EDocman or by using a different extension).

I think that sometime, when you have a complicated requirement, you might have to prepare to customize an extension to meet your need :).

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam