All questions about EDocman extension

Edocman Categories (module) choose categories

• Robin
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #52039 by Robin
It would be very helpful if I could list categories of my choosing using the Edocman Categories module. Currently, it shows all top level categories and you cannot modify this. I would like to be able to pick which categories are listed, much like how you can do with the Edocman Documents module by inputting the category ID's to use.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #52047 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Edocman Categories (module) choose categories
Hi Robin

Please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site. I will have a dev modify the module for you so that you can choose the categories you want

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 5 months ago #52071 by myshol
Yes, its really good suggestion.

Sometimes I need to add a module to seach through specific category and its subcategories.

Hope You can add this feature really soon.

Jarek

More
9 years 5 months ago #52094 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Edocman Categories (module) choose categories
Hi

We made several modifications:

1. Please get the module mod_edocman_categories.zip and upgrade it to your site.

2. Get the file categories.zip, unzip it, upload to components/com_edocman/models folder.

After that, edit the module, you will see a parameter to allow you to enter Ids of the categories which you want to show (comma separated).

Please try that and let me know the result

Regards,

Tuan
Attachments:

• Robin
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #52137 by Robin
This is great, it is the feature I was looking for. Is it possible to show the results directly below the Categories list (as shows in attached image) instead of replacing the list with the results? Also, as it is now, the results list also has the search module which I don't want to show there. I am using the Edocman Search module, but only on another page.

11/12/2014 - I have just noticed that this will not work for categories that are below other categories. This would be necessary for our purposes, and very important to getting edocman to work to manage our documents. thank you!

thanks
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Robin.

More
9 years 4 months ago #54379 by myshol
OK, so I can search through categories specified in "Item ID" field. But this is not good enough when there is a lot of categories.

Search module should be able to set a root category for it and search through entire category tree below. So at my page I could create few search modules, designated to specific categories.

Searching through category tree is very important and I think, You should improve this function to be more flexible.

Jarek

More
8 years 9 months ago #65510 by michael torres
Replied by michael torres on topic Edocman Categories (module) choose categories
Hi,

So I just applied this MOD to my site because this is the function I needed and now any page that has the edocman categories module on it comes up blank - any help would be appreciated. I cant send a link to the site because it is internal. I have the newest version of joomla installed and the newest version of edocman as I just bought it.

I have separate pages like HR and Training and I need to be able to create a edoc category module for each page that only shows document category related to the page - out of the box it only showed every category and the document list module is not an option.

thanks

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #65511 by michael torres
Replied by michael torres on topic Edocman Categories (module) choose categories
UPDATE..I just disabled the edoc cat module and my pages are still blank - now none of my pages are coming up that had an edoc module installed even with the module disable.

**** I see it is for an older version of joomla - it would be awesome if you could update this for the new version - maybe that's why it wouldn't work for me - I restored all the original edocman files and the pages came back.

Hope you can help - much appreciated. - Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by michael torres. Reason: Update info

More
8 years 9 months ago #65532 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
The module on this forum post should work joomdonation.com/forum/edocman/33196-edo....html?start=10#53229

Tuan

More
8 years 9 months ago #65565 by michael torres
unfortunately that did not do anything

Moderators: Mr. Dam