All questions about EDocman extension

Bulk import now strips commas

• ken adcock
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #57140 by ken adcock
Bulk import now strips commas was created by ken adcock
The new bulk import appears to strip commas from previously uploaded files and re-adds them to the category with the new name which makes the old document links no longer work (since it is looking for the files with the commas). So now the category appears to have twice the files, but each has a name with a comma and a name without a comma.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ken adcock
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #57599 by ken adcock
Replied by ken adcock on topic Bulk import now strips commas
I know you are having problems with the newest version. I have put my sites back to version 1.5.5 in the meantime. Any way I could get a copy of the 1.57 version to test on my Joomla 3 site since the 1.6.2 version I just paid for does not work, yet?

More
9 years 3 months ago #57600 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Bulk import now strips commas
Hi Ken

I am sorry for being late on this support request. I was too busy with some development, will work on the issue on tomorrow and get it sorted for you

If it still doesn't work, I will send you version 1.5.7. Please give me max 24 hours from now

Tuan

More
9 years 3 months ago #57703 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Bulk import now strips commas
Hi Ken

Yes. In new version, we use Joomla core library JFile::makeSafe to convert filename to a safe name. And I understand that it causes the error for you in case you have files imported before

In this case, you can get this file , unzip it, upload it to administrator/components/com_edocman/model folder of your site and the issue will be sorted. Don't come back with old version, 1.6.2 is much better and it is the way to go :)

Tuan
Attachments:

Moderators: Mr. Dam