All questions about EDocman extension

Template overrides & how to remove "application/"?

More
9 years 3 months ago #57382 by olgri
Hi There

I would like to modify some files. E.g. I want to override:
com_edocman/view/category/tmpl/table.php
com_edocman/view/common/documents_table.php
but template overrides do not work. I.e. copying table.php file to templates/rt_afterburner2/html/com_edocman/category and then modifying it doesn't work.
I use RT Afterburner 2 template from Rocket Themes.

2. How can I remove "application/" part from File Type names? I.e. instead of displaying "application/pdf", display just "pdf".
This is not in language files, so how do I change it?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #57454 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Template overrides & how to remove "application/"?
Hi olgri

1=> Template override should work

2=> That will require some modification to the code. Please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site so that I can check it for you

Tuan

More
9 years 3 months ago #57733 by olgri
Template override works for files in "com_edocman/view/common/" directory but not for "com_edocman/view/category/tmpl/".
How can I override files in "com_edocman/view/category/tmpl/" folder? Could you please give some instructions?

Thanks. I have found where to change "application/pdf" to just "pdf" -> components/com_edocman/helper/mime.mapping.php
Sadly, it will be overridden with the next update...

More
9 years 3 months ago #57745 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Template overrides & how to remove "application/"?
Hi

1=> You need to copy the file from com_edocman/view/category/tmpl/ folder to templates/rt_afterburner2/html/com_edocman/category folder, then modify it (please note that when you copy to html folder of your site template , the tmpl folder will be removed

Tuan

More
9 years 3 months ago #57749 by olgri
Hi Tuan,
This is exactly what I did. The folders are correct, spelling triple-checked, modifications are obvious, cache cleared but nothing changes in the front-end :blink: What could be the problem then? Are there any known issues with overrides?
Thanks

More
9 years 3 months ago #57750 by olgri
I have tested it on Beez3 template as well -> same result - nothing gets overridden. I'm trying to alter table.php file.

More
9 years 3 months ago #57832 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
You can submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site. I will make it works for you

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam