All questions about EDocman extension

Download permission

• Heka Multimedia
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #65579 by Heka Multimedia
Download permission was created by Heka Multimedia
I have the Edocman component set to only allow Registered Users the ability to download documents. If a public (non-registered user) clicks on the download button, how can I get it to give a message that they need to register to the website and redirect them to login or register?

*Edit:

I found narrowed down the problem but I haven't found a solution. I had it configured to get a public users name and email when clicking download button, but nothing was happening. No pop-up window and screen froze until I refresh my browser. When I uncheck the config to ask for public information before download, it re-directs them to login the website which is what I wanted. But the message that shows on the page is "EDOCMAN_LOGIN_TO_VIEW_DONNLOAD." Is there an error in one of the language files and how do I correct this?
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Heka Multimedia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #65631 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Download permission
Hi Heka

If you config the extension to only allow registered users to download documents, the Download button should not be showed to end user. Could you please send me the link to the page on your site so that I can check?

Regards,

Tuan

• Heka Multimedia
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #65808 by Heka Multimedia
Replied by Heka Multimedia on topic Download permission
Greetings Tuan,

Here are my scenarios and what happens:

1 - I have a document where a user must be logged in (registered group) in order to download. I set the document's permissions for usergroup Registered to 'allowed'. When a user clicks the download button, they are redirected to the login page which has a message "You must be logged in or register to download." When the user logs in, the download starts and that is great! BUT it stays on the login page. So this example is good but the fact that it stays on the login page is a problem. Is there a way to have it redirect back to the Edocman page that they clicked to begin with?

2 - I have a document where a user must be logged in and part of a custom usergroup (premium group) in order to download. I set the document's permissions for usergroup Premium to 'allowed'. When a user clicks the download button, they are redirected to the login page which has a message "You must be logged in or register to download." When the user logs in, if they are in the usergroup Premium, the download starts and that is great! BUT it stays on the login page. So this example is good but the fact that it stays on the login page is a problem like the 1st example. Now if they are registered but not part of my custom Premium usergroup, they still recieve the same message that says "You must be logged in or register to download." This is a problem and doesnt make sense to the user because they are logged in. Is there a way to have it give a message that they need to be in the appropriate usergroup in order to download? This would be good for both examples.

So 2 problems... 1) When users login and download starts, the page stays on the login page. 2) If a user logs in but is not on the correct usergroup level they still receive the same message to log in but they are already logged in. So the message should say that they need to be at "CUSTOM LEVEL" to download.

Here is the link to a non-live site you can see whats happening = hekamultimedia.com/demo/mdw-ntr/resources/digital-library

Click on download for the Test Document without being logged in and you will see that it redirects properly for you to login. Use the user=demo pass=demo and you will see the Test Document will start downloading but stays on the login page. (Thats problem #1)

Then try downloading Test Document 2 which is set for a usergroup premium and the Demo user is not part of and you will see the Message will just say "You are not allowed to perform this action." Is there a way to change the message to say what group they must be part of to download?

Please advise and thanks!

Moderators: Mr. Dam