All questions about EDocman extension

EDocman - is there a voting/rating facility?

• Caroline Whittle
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #67881 by Caroline Whittle
EDocman - is there a voting/rating facility? was created by Caroline Whittle
I'm looking to add voting or rating stars to my EDocman documents so that people can rate a document. Is there a facility in EDocman, and if not, is there an extension or facility that you can recommend that will work?

with thanks
Caroline

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #67897 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic EDocman - is there a voting/rating facility?
Hi Caroline

Unfortunately, EDocman doesn't support this feature. There is also not a third party extension which provides this feature for EDocman, so I don't know how to suggest

Maybe you will have to find a different extension to use if you want to have this feature. I will try to add support for this feature in the future releases, however, it will take us about 4 to 6 weeks to have it ready in the extension

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 2 months ago #77278 by Pierre
Hi Tuan,
Did you go on with this idea? You announced 4-6 weeks, 6 months ago. I know you have a lot of things to do + your private life ;) But it's to know.
I'm really interested in so I hesitate to ask a freelancer but if you'll release it soon, I prefer!
Thank you!

More
8 years 2 months ago #77382 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic EDocman - is there a voting/rating facility?
Hi Pierre,
Why don't you try the Rating and Comment with JComments extension?
Thanks
Dam

More
8 years 2 months ago #77441 by Pierre
Thank you for your answer Dang! :)
I'll see that. But in fact, I need comments. People will know who posts a comment, ok.
But I prefer that nobody knows how people rate, so it is not a good idea in my situation... But I will have a look! :)

More
8 years 2 months ago #77450 by Pierre

Dang Thuc Dam wrote: Hi Pierre,
Why don't you try the Rating and Comment with JComments extension?
Thanks
Dam

Hmm, after having a look, I can't find the option to have Jcomments in the "table layout"... :(

More
8 years 2 months ago #77461 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic EDocman - is there a voting/rating facility?
Hi Pierre,
You need to install JComments extension first. See more from here: joomdonationdemo.com/edocman/index.php/gadget/nikon-d30-camera
Thanks
Dam

More
8 years 2 months ago #77468 by Pierre

Dang Thuc Dam wrote: Hi Pierre,
You need to install JComments extension first. See more from here: joomdonationdemo.com/edocman/index.php/gadget/nikon-d30-camera
Thanks
Dam

Yes, sure.;)
In fact I wanted to say that in the table, it would be great to have a supplementary column with for instance "comments(4)" if there are already 4 comments. And if someone click on, it open, just below the file's line, all the comments without recharging the page. Because for the moment, if i click on the name, it opens a new page with the details + the comments. For my website, it's not a good solution :(

So, to be perfect, I need a few columns more:
- 1st and 2nd author (in the upload form: "Add a second author" -> click-> add a new line where the uploader can select people from a list of the usergroup's people or if not possible free field. NB: first author is automatically the uploader)

- Date (not the uploaded or created date but another one choosen by the uploader in the upload form)

- rating. usergroup people can rate the file. So some stars and people click where he wants to rate. Only one rate/member/file

- a small icon to report/flag unappropriated file to a usergroup to define

Honnestly, I really think you should program that as future features! :)
Do you think you should work on it? If you don't want to do an official update of Edocman, I am interested to pay you directly for those updates.
For the moment I have Edocman + Membership Pro + Lavida template and I will probably buy Helpdesk Pro when I will have finish :)
I'm looking forward to listening to you :)
Pierre

PS: and because pics are better than words, cf attached files! ;)
Attachments:

Moderators: Mr. Dam