Three issues Button, indexer and view

• Yolanda
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #68552 by Yolanda
Three issues Button, indexer and view was created by Yolanda
Good day
I have three issues:

1. When inserting a document in an article, it inserts it as a text link. Any way that it can be styled to be a button instead?

2. I have uploaded one PDF document and according to what I have read in the forums the content of the PDF should be indexed? I have searched for terms via standard search and smart search and it does not pick anything up.
I get this error:

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /var/www/html/academic/pulp/plugins/search/edocman/edocman.php on line 31

3. When clicking on view document, is there a difference between download and view? Or does it depend on the broswer settings of the user?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yolanda
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68614 by Yolanda
Replied by Yolanda on topic Three issues Button, indexer and view
On issue number 1 i have managed to add class="readon" in the link tag so a button is displayed.
Please assist with the other two questions - with regards to the indexing of PDFs (where does one check the indexed document - there is no such function?)
Note - I have installed the plugin indexer and enabled it.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Yolanda. Reason: Spelling and added a note

• Yolanda
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #68615 by Yolanda
Replied by Yolanda on topic Three issues Button, indexer and view
OK so I have now enabled the plugin (something that should perhaps be placed on the resources tab - onl;y found out about it on the forum)

I also went to /plugins/edocman/indexer/binaries/linux/pdftotext and cnaghed it to 755.

Now when I save a document it just gives me a black screen. And when i try to index content with the Smart Search component, it just hangs.

Please assist!

Moderators: Mr. Dam