All questions about EDocman extension

Only admin can upload files

More
8 years 7 months ago #69386 by NBeps
Only admin can upload files was created by NBeps
I created a menu item to upload files. But only administrator sees the upload area when loggedin to frontend. A registered user that selects the upload menu is taken to the Document Categories menu item.

How can one registered users (not public) to see and use the upload area from the frontend menu. Note that all the edocman menus are set to "registered".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #69387 by NBeps
Replied by NBeps on topic Only admin can upload files
I think I fixed it. On a hunch, I went to Global Settings==>edocman. I selected registered user and turned "create" to allowed. This "allowed" is now automatically set for registered users and all users I have specifically set up under registered users.

On front-end, the upload menu item is the same as for admin users as for all registered users. I will try to test and upload a document from a particular user and see if it is stored in the folder I set up for that user.

In future releases, may make the Golbal Setting "create" to say "create/upload" to make it easier.

Ok thanks

More
8 years 7 months ago #69510 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Only admin can upload files
Hi NBeps

Yes, you are correct. You need to allow Registered Users create permission so that they can upload documents. I will try to change the text Create to Create / Upload as you suggested on next release which I will start working on from next week

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 6 months ago #69715 by NBeps
In the Edocman configuration area, I have it set to simple upload. The webpage shows an html editor box for short description and another editor box for a longer description. Each html editor area has other modudle editor buttons nstalled below the area. These are usually only in the backend.

1. Is there a way to make the editor buttons not display for short description and for long description for registered users on the front end? It is ok for admin editors to see the module editor buttons, but not for registered users.
The problem is that when a registered user selects the editor buttons, a Page 404 shows up. Removing all editor buttons would work.

2. Another (better) way would be to make the entire html editor areas disappear completely? If the html editor areas were not there, the editor buttons would disappear too , so the user would only be able to type a title for a document and select browse to pick the file.

Thanks

More
8 years 6 months ago #69716 by NBeps
Good news and bad news.

I don't know why. But my upload button does not work. When I click on it, nothing moves and it is just a "dead click." I tested on firefox and iexplorer with same result. I did change the language file name of the upload button from "submit" to "submit to my website". But I wouldn't think that would have caused any problems.

Good news is that the download button works fine.

Any help is appreciated.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69789 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Only admin can upload files
Hi

Maybe there is some javascript conflict on your site causing the issue? Could you please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site so that we can check and solve it?

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam