All questions about EDocman extension

Show download link only in specific categories

• psymedia
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #69443 by psymedia
Hi Edocman is working 90% as we would like it to but i have 2 questions 1 relating to frontend 1 to backend.

we are bespoke software / hardware manufacturers so we have sub categories in the format of
Project Code - Main category
current release candidate
Current project designs
archives
we don't want our clients to have any upload ability for these subs or the main category, we would like to create a sub for "uploads" i worked out how to change the permissions to remove "create" from the subs but if i set the main to deny create then my upload sub has a conflict. So I am thinking the best way is to just unpublish the upload button in the main category, can you point me in the right direction to do this please.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• psymedia
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #69444 by psymedia
Replied by psymedia on topic Show download link only in specific categories
another thought - can i skip my main category and create an article and then call the sub cats in the same way {loadmodule} works?

More
8 years 7 months ago #69508 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Show download link only in specific categories
Hi

Instead of setting permission of main category to Denied, please just set to Inherit, then for sub-category, you set create permission to Allowed and it should work well.

Could you please try that and let me know if it works?

Tuan

• psymedia
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #69515 by psymedia
Replied by psymedia on topic Show download link only in specific categories
this is how it is currently set and still showing upload icon - i want to remove the upload icon from main category and display it in the sub category only.

The ONLY way i found of doing this is having a totally seperate main category for upload which then creates us a massive administration overhead when adding new clients.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by psymedia. Reason: additional info

Moderators: Mr. Dam