All questions about EDocman extension

SOLVED.Do not understand how to set up permissions

• Peter Hermansson
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #72253 by Peter Hermansson
SOLVED.Do not understand how to set up permissions was created by Peter Hermansson
Hello,
I just bought this nice component, and even though I have read through the documentation, I cannot get the settings right. I have two kinds of registered users that can log on and view/download documents. One kind is 'members' and they should only be able to view and download documents in the 'members' folder. The other kind of user is the 'board member' and they should be able to view and download documents in the folder called 'board'.

No matter what I do the users can either not download any documents or all documents.... I am sure I am missing something but I cannot understand what....

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
//Peter
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Mr. Dam.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #72269 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Do not understand how to set up permissions
Hi Peter,
First off all, thank you for using our Edocman extension. Regarding to your question, i would like to answer as below:
As you describer, we think you have 2 Joomla user groups are: Member and Board with 2 different Edocman Categories: Members and Boards.
And you want user in group Member can only able to download documents of category Members, user in group Board can only able to download downloads documents of category Boards.
To solve this problem, you can go to Back-end > Edocman > Manage Categories > Open Category "Members" and click on tab: Permission. Find the group "Member" and allow Download permission for this group, find group "Board" and deny Download pemission for this group. Click save it.
And then, open Category "Boards", click on tab Permission, find the group "Board" and allow Download permission for this group, find group "Member" and deny Download pemission for this group. Click save it.
After that, go to front-end and test the system again to see if the problem is solved.
Good luck
Dam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Hermansson

• Peter Hermansson
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #72305 by Peter Hermansson
Replied by Peter Hermansson on topic Do not understand how to set up permissions
Yes, that worked just fine, thank you.

Moderators: Mr. Dam