All questions about EDocman extension

Front upload-How to upload bigger files than 40MB?

• Jelena
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #77940 by Jelena
Hello,

i need to upload video files bigger than 40 MB. I tryed to change "Max Upload File Size" to 200 MB, but it didn't work. Only video files under 40 MB would be uploaded.

Uploading the video via FTP and set the URL to file, doesn't change anything. The files should be downloadable by click on the download button and not viewed.

Is there a another way to change "Default INI setting: 40M"

Regards,
Jelena

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #78009 by Mr. Dam
Hi Jelena,
When you upload the big file size documents, you need to increase values of PHP variables:

max_execution_time
upload_max_filesize
post_max_size
memory_limit

not just upload_max_filesize.
But in case your documents have big file size, i advise you to upload them through FTP software and use configure option: Choose file from sever when adding or modifying documents.
Thanks
Dam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jelena

• Jelena
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #78036 by Jelena
It works. Thanks a lot!

I try to modify the documents (Choose file from server) bevor this post, but I got wrong settings. There was also the path of "File URL" indicated, and then it doesn't work.

Thank you!
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Jelena.

More
7 years 10 months ago #84259 by erich sillett
Replied by erich sillett on topic Front upload-How to upload bigger files than 40MB?
Is there a way to manually modify the file size/type of a file uploaded through FTP? I sent a 10mb PDF through FTP, but when i manually add it, it shows in the file list as a 4kb application/octet-stream file.

Moderators: Mr. Dam