All questions about EDocman extension

I can't get MP4 & PDF files to View in all browser

• Bob Mendelsohn
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #82430 by Bob Mendelsohn
Hi, I'm having some trouble getting view file working on all browsers. I'm doing tests on a local MAMP server. All software is current.

I have a PDF and an MP4 file as documents displayed in the Edocman Categories module. Testing with Safari, Firefox and Chrome on OSX. In all 3 browsers the download button works as expected for both files.

The View button is giving me trouble. With the MP4 Safari launches a movie player and fails to load the video, Chrome downloads the file instead of playing it, Firefox plays the movie as expected. All 3 browsers will play the movie if I place it in the root directory outside of the edocman folder and link to it directly.

With the PDF the View button forces a download in Firefox, but displays in the browser with Safari and Chrome.

Any idea what might be happening? I have added the mp4 extension to "File Extensions for viewing" list.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bob Mendelsohn
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #83234 by Bob Mendelsohn
Replied by Bob Mendelsohn on topic I can't get MP4 & PDF files to View in all browser
Any clues on this?

If I go to joomdonationdemo.com/edocman/index.php/edocman-documents-layout in Firefox on OSX the view button also forces a download. But just like with my local files Safari and Chrome view properly.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Bob Mendelsohn.

More
7 years 10 months ago #83333 by Mr. Dam
Hi Bob,
The "View" function will redirect user to document directly. So depend on the customer's browsers. The file can be watched directly or browser will show download popup.
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam