All questions about EDocman extension

Set front end sorting based on backend ordering

• Glenn Taylor
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #99362 by Glenn Taylor
Is there a way to set the document ordering on front end to exactly how ordering has been manually set on backend using drag and drop?

I can easily change ordering manually in backend but I can't get the front end list to match backend ordering which is frustrating.

Right now when client batch uploads, they all upload with same date and ordering is based on time stamp which means going into each document and setting publish date manually to hack the default sorting. It's time consuming and a pain.

Thanks in advance
G

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #99382 by Mr. Dam
Hi Glenn,
It's difficult to sort documents at front-end, because one normal User doesn't have permission to see documents uploaded by different users. So that we aren't able to make the Documents sorting function at front-end
Thanks
Dam

• Glenn Taylor
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 months ago #108239 by Glenn Taylor
Replied by Glenn Taylor on topic Set front end sorting based on backend ordering
Hello Dang,

I don't understand your answer. If all documents are Public viewable, why would there be an issue with setting sort order manually.

For our website, public users can't upload documents. Only admins upload.

More
6 years 3 months ago #108288 by Mr. Dam
Hi Glenn,
Simply, Joomla only support Drag & Drop ordering at Back-end side but not Front-end side. That's the reason we don't implement Ordering function at front-end. Hope you understand.
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam