All questions about EDocman extension

Unpublished categories not in parent select

More
6 years 4 months ago #107150 by David
Dear EDocman support,
we're encountering problems managing categories as unpublished categories are not included in the 'Parent Category' select of documents or other categories.

Please see the following example (using EDocman 1.7.9):

We create category A and category B, make A the parent category of B and unpublish A. In the list view, category B gets displayed as the child of category A (as per database) but in the detail view of category B, there is no value selected, as the unpublished category A is not included in the select. Saving category b will result in storing it without a parent category, making it a root category.
Is this an intended behaviour?

There seems to be another bug filtering the category list for unpublished categories using the 'Select State' dropdown. The EDocman component returns an empty list even though there are 14 unpublished categories.

Testing the latest version (1.9.1) locally manifests the same problems.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #108453 by David
*Push*

More
6 years 3 months ago #108458 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Unpublished categories not in parent select
Hi David,
In fact, it's not an issue of Edocman, when you unpublish the category, it won't be shown in the dropdown select list anymore. And when the parent category is unpublished, the sub-categories won't show anymore. If you want, i can make the change for you to show unpublished category in the dropdown list (Back-end side) to make the selected category of document to be available in the dropdown select list.
Thanks
Dam

More
6 years 3 months ago #108687 by David
Hi Dam,
thanks for your answer.

So it's a joomla mechanism to hide unpublished items in the dropdown? I think in this case it's a misbehaviour as we want to build download hierarchies before publishing them.
It would be great having these changes, but I guess these fixes would be overwritten by an update?

Thanks in advance.

More
6 years 3 months ago #108727 by Mr. Dam
Hi David,
When we prepare data (Edocman categories) to show them in dropdown, we filter published categories only. So that, the unpublished parent categories (with all sub-categories) won't be shown. If you want the unpublished categories to be shown in dropdown select list. I must make the modification in your Edocman system.
After modification, i will let you know the modified file and you can backup it for future installation.
Thanks
Dam

More
6 years 3 months ago #108802 by Stephen
Replied by Stephen on topic Unpublished categories not in parent select
Hi
Is this possible to implement in a future release?

For me it seems quite obviously that you can show or hide unpublished categories.

Like @David writes, you would like to start building your download hierarchy before you publish it.

If the problem can be solved why worry? If the problem can not be solved, worrying will do you no good.

More
6 years 3 months ago #108816 by Mr. Dam
Hi Stephen,
To be honest, i don't want to add that Configure option, because it may make customers confusing. But i will think about your idea when i improve Edocman in future.
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam