All questions about EDocman extension

Using Amazon S3

• Gary Bashor
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #111528 by Gary Bashor
Using Amazon S3 was created by Gary Bashor
Couple of questions. I have a site already set up with a ton of downloads already in place. I would like to take advantage of the S3 option, and the instructions are't clear if I can enable it, and the files I have will somehow get transferred, or if I need to re-upload everything.

Second, I got it all set up, and when I did try to upload a new file, I got error messages of various types. It appears to be going out to Amazon, but not letting the file upload.

Are there any known issues, or tricks I need to try to get this option working? Loving the idea of putting all my PDF files on Amazon to save some space and speed up downloads for users.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #111531 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Using Amazon S3
Hi Gary,
Amazon S3 plugin is used to store Edocman documents on Amazon S3 storage instead of storing them in your hosting. When you use Amazon S3 plugin, once you upload new document, it will be uploaded into Amazon S3 storage directly. In your case, you have the error in using Amazon S3 storage, can you please send the screenshot of error so we can check the problem for you?
Thanks
Dam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. Dam