All questions about EDocman extension

Dropbox integration

• Eric vanBok
  • Topic Author
More
6 months 3 weeks ago #161323 by Eric vanBok
Dropbox integration was created by Eric vanBok
Hello.  

I am working on connecting a Edocman install to Dropbox.  I have created the app in Dropbox, and added the needed information to the "EDocman - Dropbox" plugin.  When I try to create a new document entry I am getting the following error:

ErrorSave failed with the following error: Client error: `POST api.dropboxapi.com/2/files/get_metadata ` resulted in a `401 Unauthorized` response: {"error":{".tag":"missing_scope","required_scope":"files.metadata.read"},"error_summary":"missing_scope/"}
The Edocman folder in Dropbox never gets created, and of course no documents are ever uploaded to Dropbox.

What am I missing to make this connection work?

Any help or guidance is appreciated.  Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #161326 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Dropbox integration
Hi Eric,
The 'missing_scope' error indicates that while the app is permitted to use that scope, the particular access token you're using to make the API call does not have that scope granted. Adding a scope to your app via the App Console does not retroactively grant that scope to existing access tokens.
That being the case, to make any API calls that require that scope, you'll need to get a new access token (and refresh token, if using) with that scope. For instance, for uploading files, you'd need the 'files.content.write' scope.
Thanks
Dam

• Eric vanBok
  • Topic Author
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #161359 by Eric vanBok
Replied by Eric vanBok on topic Dropbox integration
Thank you.  That makes sense now that I think about it, and it did solve that problem.

I have another issue though.  I was able to create a document in Edocman and the PDF was uploaded to Dropbox, just as it should have been.  However I find that I am unable to view it or download it.  I get a 500 Error when I try to view it, and an error saying I am not allowed when I try to download it. 

I also find that any documents that have already been loaded and are not in Dropbox can't be view or downloaded when the "EDocman - Dropbox" plugin is active.  Does this mean that Edocman is set up to have all the documents either in Dropbox or locally, but you can't mix them?  If so, how do I migrate from locally stored documents to documents stored in Dropbox?  Do I just move the contents of the edocman in the hosting account to the edocman folder in Dropbox and then publish the plugin?

Lastly, I found that after I successfully uploaded the test document that it was in Dropbox, but it was also in the edocman folder on the server.  I thought the idea of having the Dropbox was to free up storage on the server.  Is that not the case?

I know I have lots of questions.  I appreciate the help.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #161363 by Mr. Dam
Hi Eric,
1. When you integrate Edocman with third party storage like Dropbox. All documents must be stored on storage, we can't store document at both local server and online storages.
2. When you integrate Edocman with third party storage, the document won't be stored on your local server anymore. You can remove files on your server if you want.
3. In case you can't download files from Dropbox. You can submit ticket on category: Edocman and provide your site url with super admin account. We will check the issue for you.
Thanks
Dam

• Eric vanBok
  • Topic Author
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #161482 by Eric vanBok
Replied by Eric vanBok on topic Dropbox integration

1. When you integrate Edocman with third party storage like Dropbox. All documents must be stored on storage, we can't store document at both local server and online storages.

My question was though how I can transition from local storage to online storage like Dropbox.  Can I simply move the edocman folder from local storage to Dropbox and activate the Dropbox storage plugin?  Or do I need to re-upload all the documents to get them stored in Dropbox properly?

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #161487 by Mr. Dam
Hi Eric,
You can move the files and folders of Edocman document root path into your Dropbox storage, make sure the structure of files and folders are the same with your local server. And then, you can try to download documents to see if the function work correctly.
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam