All questions about EDocman extension

Edocman has an issue when attempting to save a category

• Ali Wari
  • Topic Author
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #163633 by Ali Wari
Hi there, 

An error occurs when saving a category after editing in the 'Edit Category' section at the back-end. The error message states: 'Save failed with the following error: Data too long for column 'path' at row 1.' Upon checking the category table in the database, I found that the path is excessively long and duplicates the path two or three times. I manually corrected the path, allowing me to save the category successfully. However, upon subsequent edits, the error persists.Additionally, I observed that Edocman has an issue with the global check-in. It does not perform a global check-in automatically, requiring manual intervention each time I edit a category.

Is there a way to address and fix this issue?

Regards, 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #163680 by Mr. Dam
Hi Ali,
To solve this kind of issue, please using PHPMyAdmin to change attribute of column: "path" in DB Table: #__edocman_categories from varchar to Text.
If you can't do it, you can submit ticket on category: Edocman, and i will help you to make that change.
Thanks
Dam

• Ali Wari
  • Topic Author
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #163699 by Ali Wari
Hi Dam,

Thank you for your reply. I changed the 'path' in the DB Table: #__edocman_categories from varchar to Text, and the error is not occurring anymore. I will continue testing it in the coming days.

Regarding the global check-in issue, it still doesn't perform a global check-in automatically, requiring manual intervention each time I edit a category.
is there any way to fix this please?

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #163703 by Mr. Dam
Hi Ali,
Actually, i don't have clear solution to solve this kind of issue. Could you please submit ticket on category: Edocman and provide your site credentials. I will check this matter for you
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam