QUESTION - explain the different Order Statuses

• Woony Danny
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #35796 by Woony Danny
I see there are a list of order statuses.

When are these used?
Are these only used by the shop admin to manually to add to an order, or do any actions automatically trigger any of these?

I am assuming a successful paypal transaction will automatically change the order status. eg from pending to completed, so which ones then are coded to be used by plugins etc and which ones can we safely delete/unpublish without affecting anything?
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Woony Danny.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 8 months ago #35814 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Re: QUESTION - explain the different Order Statuses
Hi again Woony,

In whole EShop system, we have only 2 main status of order. A status after user place order but still not make payment (example called status 1) and another status after payment is completed (called stattus 2). So I added Statues Management section to make the system to be more flexible.

Admin will choose which status for status 1 and which status for status 2. Normally, Status 1 = Pending and Status 2 = Completed. But in some cases, some clients may want another name for these statuses. This is the reason why I added this section to system.

So at the same time, there are only 2 status in these 14 (or more) statuses are used in system.

I hope that my explanation is clear.

Sincerely, Giang

• Woony Danny
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #35823 by Woony Danny
Replied by Woony Danny on topic Re: QUESTION - explain the different Order Statuses
Ok thank you for the explanation. So in the backend, where you can set the status of:

So apart from the 2 statuses you put in there, the rest of the order statuses can be removed with no harm as these are just for shop admin to manually use to apply to orders.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Woony Danny.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 8 months ago #35832 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Re: QUESTION - explain the different Order Statuses
Hi again Woony,

That is no problem. YES, you understood it exactly. So if you only use Pending and Complete statues, then you can delete all of other statuses. In the future, if you would like to change Pending or Complete to other name, then you can add statuses again.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong