Import products options

• charles
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 7 months ago #36365 by charles
Import products options was created by charles
I would like to know when will you be adding an import option to e-shop? I have a couple of e-commerce programs and I would like to import them into e-shop but I don't see an import products option!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 7 months ago #36369 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Re: Import products options
Dear Charles,

I have already developed another extension called EShop CSV Advanced to import data (categories, manufacturers, products, images, attributes, options) into EShop. It is available here: joomdonation.com/components/eshop-csva.html

Once you purchase EShop CSV Advanced, I will guide and help you to do import.

Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any more questions.
Sincerely, Giang

• charles
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 7 months ago #36423 by charles
Replied by charles on topic Re: Import products options
Thanks for getting back to me. And I have checked out your link, but kinder puzzle on why create a seperate component instead of having a build in option like most of the other programs?

Plus E-Shop-CVS Advanced is just a copy of CSV Advanced so why are you forcing users to spend another $20 bucks! Again E-Shop should have an internal import option that is compatiable with the major e-commerce programs; which simplify the import or automatically import data from one e-commerce program to another.

And can you add pictures to your content in order to let your users know what you are tryingt o say. Whenever someone is not clear on what you are saying the picture helps.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 7 months ago #36429 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Re: Import products options
Dear Charles,
Let me explain to you on this.

1. First of all, EShop CSV Advanced is not copy of CSV Advanced. They work in the same way but their source code is completely different. CSV Advanced is for Virtuemart and EShop CSV Advanced is for EShop. Virtuemart database and EShop database are completely different.

2. I didn't put import function into EShop component and make it as a separately commercial extension because sometime, the importing data is not easy. Clients who purchase EShop CSV Advanced will need many helps from me to import data into EShop (Configure the template, prepaere CSV files, etc.) and I will spend the time to help them on that. So with $19.99 spent on this extension, clients will get the extension and great my support to import data. This is the experience that I have from success of CSV Advanced.

3. We will considering on this your suggestion.

Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or need any more helps.
Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong