EShop creates duplicate orders when payment fails

• Jeremy Prine
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #76070 by Jeremy Prine
In the following situation:
  1. The customer adds some products to their cart.
  2. They begin the checkout process.
  3. They complete all of the checkout steps, up until clicking "Confirm order" at the end.
  4. The following happens when they click "Confirm order":
    1. EShop creates the customer's order in the database.
    2. Their payment fails, for whatever reason. (In my testing, I intentionally caused a failure by switching the Authorize.Net plugin into "Live" mode, and then -- at the end of checkout -- I entered a test credit card number.)
  5. The customer realizes that they did something wrong during checkout, such as entering an invalid billing address. They click their browser's Back button, so that they can correct it.
  6. They complete all of the checkout steps again, but this time, they correct what they did wrong.
  7. The following happens when they click "Confirm order" again:
    1. EShop creates another order in the database.
    2. This time, their payment succeeds.

What I would like to avoid is creating that second order in step 7-1. Instead, I would prefer that EShop simply update the order from step 4-2. Is it possible to configure EShop to do this?

I am using EShop 1.3.8.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 2 months ago #76555 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic EShop creates duplicate orders when payment fails
Hello Jeremy,

Sound like this is an outstanding issue. Please update EShop to latest version 2.0.1 and test again, the issue should be gone.

Sincerely, Giang

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong