Fixing language files

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #76392 by Peter
Fixing language files was created by Peter
The problem
Some translations no longer work. Even though you follow the procedures correctly and Eshop does seem to recognise them, they're not actually translating.

The cause
When I started comparing these language files with the original English ones, I noticed they're quite outdated. There are labels / variables (however you wish to call them) inside the ini files that are no longer used as well as new ones that were never added to the translations. Because of this, Joomla refuses to use them.

The solution
Basicly you just have to make sure the translation files have the exact same labels / variables as the English ones have. Then re-upload these and Joomla will recognize them. Still there's the issue that lots of the files aren't fully translated.

Request
If we all work together, we can fix these files by translating them to our native languages. I myself am working on the Dutch ones. If you have some time, please take a look at your own native language files and see if you can fix / translate them. Post a reply here and make sure to edit your post with download links to the latest updates you have. Once all are finished I'll make a full package of all the translations to download at once.

Tip
A free program called "Beyond Compare" allows you to compare 2 files with eachother and shows you where the differences are. This makes it a lot easier for you to fix the language files. This program can be downloaded here: www.scootersoftware.com/download.php
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Peter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong