Access controlled user not showing EShop menu

More
7 years 10 months ago #83284 by Alec
I have been through a number of Forum discussions here and still cant get this working. First I had a new user group as a child of 'Registered User' and set the ACL for the Eshop component. Even though this method worked for Edocman, it did not work or Eshop. I then changed the parent group to 'Administrator'. Not ideal since now I will need to restrict a lot more on all other components, articles etc but one of the posts said this is what you needed to do. I now see all components in the drop down except or Eshop. What is the process here to setup a user who only needs to manage Eshop things and nothing else in Joomla

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #83295 by Alec
I think I fixed this. By default, there were some "inherits" that had conflicts. I hardcoded to allows and denys all the way from public own to my shop users and that seemed to clear it up. In addition, I did need to go though and deny access to all other components since it needed to b a child of administrator

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 10 months ago #83345 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Access controlled user not showing EShop menu
That's OK Alec!

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong