Allow both free shipping and weight-based shipping

More
7 years 6 months ago #88206 by Koren
Hello,

I've just set up Eshop (it works incredibly well – great job!) and have added my first product, a calendar, here: www.easyhorsecare.net/shops/shop

I've successfully set up weight-based shipping for three different geo zones, which is working fine. Only thing is, I'd like to offer people the option of coming and picking up the calendar in person, which would mean they don't need to pay shipping.

Is there a way to set up the shipping so that people can select free shipping if they're picking the product up in person? I'm guessing I can activate the Free Shipping plugin, but won't that just allow people to select free shipping even if they want to product mailed to them, thus allowing them to avoid paying shipping when they need to?

Thanks,
Koren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 6 months ago #88240 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Allow both free shipping and weight-based shipping
Hello Koren,

Yes, in this case, you can use EShop Free Shipping and EShop Weight Shipping in the same time.

Please read about Weight Shipping plugin at eshopdocs.joomservices.com/plugins-and-t...gins/weight-shipping and Free Shipping plugin at eshopdocs.joomservices.com/plugins-and-t...lugins/free-shipping

Sincerely, Giang

More
7 years 6 months ago #88383 by Koren
Hi Giang,

Thanks for your reply. I understand that I can use both EShop Free Shipping and EShop Weight Shipping in the same time. The problem is, how do I set it up so that people who wish to pick up their product in person get free shipping, while those who want it mailed out pay for shipping?

At the moment, if I put in my details in the shop, there is no option anywhere to state that I would like to pick the item up. And when I arrive at shipping, I am simply given the option to choose between free shipping or paid shipping (as you can see in the attached screenshot).

This is a problem for two reasons:
1. It is not obvious to customers that there is the option to pick up their item.
2. Some customers may choose free shipping even for items that they want mailed out, because free shipping is there as an option at checkout (which obviously is no good, as then we will have to cover the shipping cost ourselves).

Can you please tell me how I set this up correctly so that free shipping is only offered to customers who wish to pick up their items?

Thanks,
Koren
Attachments:

More
7 years 6 months ago #88507 by Davide
Go to Extensions > Languages > Overrides, on the left choose your site language, press New and insert PLG_ESHOP_FREE_TITLE as Language Constant and Pick up or anything else in Text. Save and do again for PLG_ESHOP_FREE_DESC. Text can be different for the 2 options. Make the same thing for any other language. If in the future you will update eShop, translation remain without any additional work :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: CJ Gilbert

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 6 months ago #88513 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Allow both free shipping and weight-based shipping
Thank you Davide!

That solution should work. You can change the title and description of any shipping plugins that you want. Please read more about it in the documentation at eshopdocs.joomservices.com/plugins-and-t...itle-and-description

Hope that this is useful.
Sincerely, Giang
The following user(s) said Thank You: CJ Gilbert

More
7 years 6 months ago #88636 by Koren
Thank you both. I have now changed the title and description using in System > Translation in EShop, which worked fine.

Thanks,
Koren

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 6 months ago #88707 by Giang Dinh Truong
No problem at all Koren!

Have a nice day!
Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong