How to update eShop

• Lynette
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #88429 by Lynette
How to update eShop was created by Lynette
I purchased eShop last August but I cannot see anyway to update to the latest version showing in my joomla installation. When I click on the link it just takes me to my account and there is no way to download anything. Can you please advise?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #88490 by David Smith
Replied by David Smith on topic How to update eShop
Same problem here. I have just paid for and installed eShop, but Joomla tells me an update is available - from 2.3.1 to 2.3.2 - but the download link doesn't work. This is not a good start and I may have to request a refund.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #88505 by Davide
Replied by Davide on topic How to update eShop

Lynette wrote: When I click on the link it just takes me to my account and there is no way to download anything. Can you please advise?

You have to go to My Download section: joomdonation.com/my-downloads.html

David Smith wrote: Same problem here. I have just paid for and installed eShop, but Joomla tells me an update is available - from 2.3.1 to 2.3.2 - but the download link doesn't work. This is not a good start and I may have to request a refund.

Have you created the download id and insert it in configuration? joomdonation.com/download-ids.html

:)
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Davide.

• Lynette
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #88531 by Lynette
Replied by Lynette on topic How to update eShop
HI, thanks for the reply.

I did create a download id but when I looked at the upgrade information in the documentation it just says you have to download the new version from your account and install it and I couldn't find any information about what to do with a download id. Unfortunately my site had to be put on hold and no-one was administrating it so I may have missed some updates between then and now.

However, I did receive an email from someone at Ossolution saying that my eShop had expired some months ago and I would have to repurchase it, so I assume it has to be purchased every year.

Regards
Lynette

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 6 months ago #88812 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic How to update eShop

Lynette wrote: HI, thanks for the reply.

I did create a download id but when I looked at the upgrade information in the documentation it just says you have to download the new version from your account and install it and I couldn't find any information about what to do with a download id. Unfortunately my site had to be put on hold and no-one was administrating it so I may have missed some updates between then and now.

However, I did receive an email from someone at Ossolution saying that my eShop had expired some months ago and I would have to repurchase it, so I assume it has to be purchased every year.

Regards
Lynette

Hello Lynette,

Sorry for a bit delaying in reply to you:

1. As our terms and conditions, with each purchase, you will have a subscription to download updates and get our free supports for 12 months. A subscription is expired, you must renew it. So you must re-purchase our extensions every years if you want to continue to download update versions and get our free supports.

2. The auto update from the back-end of your site is a new feature of our extensions. You just need to go to our website then click on Download Ids to generate Download ID from there, then fill it in the configuration of EShop, after that, you can update it normally from back-end of your site. Of course, you can only update if your subscription is still not expired.

3. You can go to My Downloads menu item to download latest version of EShop there and manually install update as I showed in the documentation.

Sincerely, Giang

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 6 months ago #88813 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic How to update eShop

David Smith wrote: Same problem here. I have just paid for and installed eShop, but Joomla tells me an update is available - from 2.3.1 to 2.3.2 - but the download link doesn't work. This is not a good start and I may have to request a refund.

Hello David,

Please read my above comment. Hope that it is useful with you.

If you need any helps, don't hesitate to let me know.
Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong